Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Merida CX Series

Options
  • 22-06-2016 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭

I'm planning on a new bike soon and was wondering if anyone here has first hand experience with the merida CX series?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭tamaskan

I'm planning on a new bike soon and was wondering if anyone here has first hand experience with the merida CX series?

Took one for a test drive a couple of months back. Not sure of the exact model but it was blue and was selling for€1000. It seemed to be a very solid go anywhere bike, it felt like you could ride it down Carrantuohill and have a blast, but then it's the only CX bike I've ever ridden so that could be the same with any cx bike. Anyway, seemed to be excellent value for money. I'd love to have one, though I do have a preference for the CaadX, looks wise anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

I use the CX 500 as a daily commuter with mud guards fitted and nice big tyres in winter. Hasn't given me a bit of trouble and it's comfortable. I changed the standard saddle to my brooks and put on gator skin tyres. The disc brakes are great on wet winter mornings. I used to commute on a specialized road bike but I much prefer the CX 500 for daily use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

I use the CX 500 as a daily commuter with mud guards fitted and nice big tyres in winter. Hasn't given me a bit of trouble and it's comfortable. I changed the standard saddle to my brooks and put on gator skin tyres. The disc brakes are great on wet winter mornings. I used to commute on a specialized road bike but I much prefer the CX 500 for daily use.

Yeah thats what I'm looking at too. What I cant make out is if it has eyelets for pannier/mudguards or not, can you confirm?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

It has some eyelets for mudguards. There are no eyelets on the seat-stays for a rack. I used to use a rack on a previous bike but decided to just go with a back pack as I go down the canal path with the silly gates which prevent easy pannier use. I don't miss the panniers.

Advertisement