Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is my contract with? Courier issue

Options
  • 22-06-2016 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭

Hello

I purchased an item from a german retailer that uses hermes to ship to the uk (they dont ship to Ireland).

I then used parcel motel to deliver this to Dublin.

I had to return the item so i initiated the process and obtained a pre-paid hermes return label.

I paid parcel motel myself to forward the package to hermes.

Now this is where the problem starts.

Parcel motel tracking number shows it was delivered on tuesday last week and then again on Wednesday. I asked how was it possible to be delivered twice ?
    they said hermes returned it to them and they gave it back to hermes.

the signature that parcel motel have is from a parcel motel employee rather than hermes. I know this buy having googled his name and found a thread on boards.

The tracking code which was on the hermes label does not show any results.

I checked with the retailer and they haven't received it yet after 1 week.

My question is, who is my contract with? is it parcel motel, hermes or the retailer?

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

This is nothing to do with the retailer,
    You contracted Parcel Motel to forward the item to the UK, they experienced issues with Hermes or perhaps they can't deliver to Hermes like you are requesting. Either way its not the retailers concern about issues you are experiencing with Parcel Motel.

This is not how the retailers return process is supposed to work, your return is supposed to be given by you to Hermes. You are not fulfilling this part of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

Yes but I paid parcel motel to fulfill that part for me. For parcel motel, the job is done and dusted. For me, doesn't look like it as it does not show a tracking record on Hermes.

But I don't know is it Hermes who didn't scan it or parcel motel who didnt deliver it correctly

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 252 ✭✭viclemronny

If parcel motel don't have a Hermes employee's signature on a form saying that it was delivered, then it wasn't delivered.

Someone from parcel motel signing it isn't sufficient.

That's exactly what I said to them and I'm waiting for an answer about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Parcel motel stick their own tracking label on the package, if they put it over the hermes slip then hermes wont have a clue what to do with it.

• Advertisement

I don't think they do that when you are sending a parcel, i think that's when you are receiving one as they need to make it suitable for their own system.

In this case i paid parcel motel, they gave me a label to print and attach on myself which i scanned at the motel.

That has already the tracking for the parcel motel system and they knew then that it was going to hermes.

Separately i had attached the hermes label with their barcode which was provided by the retailer.

Advertisement