Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro 2016 Group E, Ireland v Italy & Sweden v Belgium, 8PM RTE, TV3, ITV & ITV 4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

I think I saw Roy Keane smiling there.

Just shows you anything is possible.

You can see it really matters to him.
    He's delighted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I think I saw Roy Keane smiling there.

Just shows you anything is possible.
    He probably just zoned out and was thinking about the time he nailed someone.

F***ING AMAZED THOUGH!! Was watching on stealth in my office, got awayu with 85 minutes of it, gave the game up with an epic roar and banging on the desk! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Green Fella

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS **** YESSSS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

McClean was brilliant tonight

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,179 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

"Great night for everybody!" - Johnny Giles

It certainly is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

If MON says up like he did against Belgium I will slit my wrists. The Swedish game and this game have both proven we are a decent side when we play ball.

We were very open when Mccarthy went off but Wes was a risk worth taking. What a result

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Conte not too disappointed! The draw works well for us!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭bear1

We were disappointed after the Sweden game, We complained after the Belgim game and formed the negativity that beating on the best teams in the world was just not possible.
    That team has just proved us that they do have what it takes to be in the tournament and they proved it beyond any doubt.
    Well done to the team, well done to MON and Keane and well done to all of the fans that stuck by them and egged them on even when all odds were against.
    I love you Ireland!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

A pleasure to watch history unfold

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭trashcan

Have to say, as someone who has been lukewarm at best about the national team over the past few years, I'm quite pleased with that.:D

I thought we played ok football at times tonight too. Yeah we were direct, but played some ball at times too. Perfect times to score though. Wouldn't have been confident we could have held on to that for. say, 25 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Hoolahan owns one to Brady!!!!!!!

His life would have been done had we not won :P:P:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

LOLSCOTLAND

McClean was brilliant tonight

I think everyone was. Unreal stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

Seeing Roy hug Martin there. It was like everything came full circle for Keano. What a moment. What a night.

I just hope O'Neill doesnt make any sort of humourous reference to hugging another man at the next press conference, or Off The Ball will be on the case again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 24 daveup

gobsmacked. first game i watched for 90 minutes. fantastic. go ireland. only one player i dont understand. hoolahan, how can he not start. any time i have ever watched him he simply is great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,944 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

**** me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Was any one of those players anything short of top class tonight? Fecking brilliant!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Can we suspend the stream link ban for this occasion and someone send me a link to RTE's coverage? It's geoblocked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Now to pick up my TV remote after breaking it with hoolihans miss!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

sligeach wrote: »
    Roll on Sunday. All 4 home countries made it through.

No they didn't. Scotland weren't even in the tournament.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

Mission accomplished. Serious balls tonight. From both players and management. I hope they enjoy the rest of this tournament now, bonus territory, brilliant support in the stadium and have a go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,242 ✭✭✭✭briany

Don't care what happens now. Fantastic night. Didn't think it would happen and then BAM! Feel good factor up to maximum.

Maybe Ireland will get tonked by France, but tonight the team did the country proud and that's all I really wanted to see when this tournament commenced. One great moment. We got it. Thank you, Robbie Brady.

Now let's party!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

Defying the odds, was not expecting that!

Allez Les Verts!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

My voice. You are gone but your sacrifice will not go unnoticed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

Billy86 wrote: »
    He probably just zoned out and was thinking about the time he nailed someone.

F***ING AMAZED THOUGH!! Was watching on stealth in my office, got awayu with 85 minutes of it, gave the game up with an epic roar and banging on the desk! :p

Same, trying not to cry show my patriotism in work now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,356 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

ROI play France

Wales play Northern Ireland

Just to have a moan, RTE player crashed for everyone in the office on 90 minutes. By the time all the stupid adds were replayed the game was over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,544 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Wow. What a fantastic victory against the Italians.

And all thanks to the hard work of this team & of one Robbie Brady who scored the winning goal.

I teared up a little bit when the final whistle was blown on what was a great night for the Irish team.

Well done to them all.

Peist2007 wrote: »
    Mission accomplished. Serious balls tonight. From both players and management. I hope they enjoy the rest of this tournament now, bonus territory, brilliant support in the stadium and have a go.

We owe the French one.

• Advertisement

At least if it's looking close against the French, John Delaney will be able to negotiate a few million quid for the country to give the French passage through to the next round.

Hoolahan owns one to Brady!!!!!!!

His life would have been done had we not won :P:P:P

Zero to hero in a minute... What a ball! What a result!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,179 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

John Delaney delighted that he gets to stay on the p1$$€r for another few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

We took that game by the balls and deserved it. Italy deserved nothing, not that they cared

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

Brady shaking. What a brilliant night YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Love the child they just showed on RTE Mammy and Daddy jumping around the kid cool as a cucumber

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

With Irish accents and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

sligeach wrote: »
    John Delaney delighted that he gets to stay on the p1$$€r for another few days.

Seeing him celebrate soured the moment for me, but get in. I am delighted for Wes and Robbie.

Robbie is a great lad. Ask him some decent questions ffs. Tony O'donoghue, a fan with a microphone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

France have their work cut out, good to see Buffon congratulate O'Neill and Keane.

Me head's not really working... lol:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Belgium must fancy their chances now. Reward for coming 2nd instead of winning the group is a game against Hungary then the winner of Wales V N Ireland. I'd say if it was straight GD Italy would have rolled over for us and conceded another one or two.

Ah Robbie. How class was that interview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭trashcan

Peist2007 wrote: »
    Brady shaking. What a brilliant night YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

"Me heads not working" :D:D

Me head's not really working... lol:D:D

There's be few thousand more nor working so good in a few hours time I bet , and a few thousand Italians who get caught up in the festivities too :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,242 ✭✭✭✭briany

Bonus - Turkey got screwed over as well. That's for moving that second playoff leg to Bursa!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

trashcan wrote: »
    "Me heads not working" :D:D

His head worked when we needed it to. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Mec27

The performance we wanted. Football, bloody hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Well done the boys in green!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,828 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

WE BURSTED THEM!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,302 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I won't tire of seeing that Brady goal replayed in the years to come, he has become the Houghton for the kids of the age I was in '94.

The emotion on his face celebrating that, magic.

• Advertisement
Advertisement