Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro 2016 Group E, Ireland v Italy & Sweden v Belgium, 8PM RTE, TV3, ITV & ITV 4

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

briany wrote: »
    Bonus - Turkey got screwed over as well. That's for moving that second playoff leg to Bursa!!!!
    And for that sh*te ref in the game against Belgium :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

MON has stumbled onto something now with the McCarthy-Brady-Hendrick midfield.

A bit of everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,660 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I'm giddy with excitement but I feel like crying..

This is emotional stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Ah lads, we're in the tough side of the draw... I dont think we'll be able to win it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Spare a thought for the Scottish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

How intense was that. Thought it was all but gone after the Wes miss. Love it!

Belgium must fancy their chances now. Reward for coming 2nd instead of winning the group is a game against Hungary then the winner of Wales V N Ireland. I'd say if it was straight GD Italy would have rolled over for us and conceded another one or two.

yeah - spain, italy, france (+Ireland!) germany, england stacked on one half of the draw.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/european-championship/euro-2016/schedule/knockout-stage

sligeach wrote: »
    John Delaney delighted that he gets to stay on the p1$$€r for another few days.

I'm no fan of Delaney but I'll give him his due here he looked genuinely over the moon.
    Still a greedy leech though

• Subscribers Posts: 41,865 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Hey France, we OWE you !###

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Have to congratulate the team and management tonight. Great job and well done.
    I have criticised them in the past but tonight they gave 100%. Fair play.

I'm giddy with excitement but I feel like crying..

This is emotional stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Debil

Our delivery was sh*te tonight, and it was fitting it was redeemed by Wes. Delighted for him after missing the earlier chance.

More of the same for France please, Martin. Maybe with an addition of Walters somewhere in the game.

I got in trouble for shouting the block of flats down, and I couldn't care less. It's nights like this that make me feel a bit closer to home. *tear*:) COYBIG!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Poor Italian 2nd side but the lads were great, kept going. Hoolahan can thank his lucky stars but he really added that quality.

That was incredible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

From despair on Saturday to this.
    Play like this all the time and we can do anyone (or at least, give it a lash)

V Proud tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

What's the French for revenge???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I didn't think I could love Gigi Buffon anymore, and then he comes along and does that after the final whistle. One of the classiest individuals to ever grace the football pitch.

I can hear cars beeping for joy out side :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Cuntphy still taking an indirect jibe at O'Neill. Ass/ole

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

somewhere in heaven billo is smiling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

Dunphy back on board now that they have won. Give me a break.

• Advertisement

I'm no fan of Delaney but I'll give him his due here he looked genuinely over the moon.
    Still a greedy leech though

Why wouldn't he be??

Debil wrote: »
    Our delivery was sh*te tonight, and it was fitting it was redeemed by Wes. Delighted for him after missing the earlier chance.

More of the same for France please, Martin. Maybe with an addition of Walters somewhere in the game.

I got in trouble for shouting the block of flats down, and I couldn't care less. It's nights like this that make me feel a bit closer to home. *tear*:) COYBIG!

Walters is crocked and no point in bringing on a player in that shape.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,305 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

****in hell

Dunphy back on board now that they have won. Give me a break.

Like 99% of the posters on here.

Dunphy shut up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Nearly put my pregnant missus into labour with my cheering when Brady scored. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    Ah lads, we're in the tough side of the draw... I dont think we'll be able to win it.

Feck that it's the French and we owe them. Go at them like we did tonight and anything is possible.

horgan_p wrote: »
    somewhere in heaven billo is smiling

You trying to send me over the edge?

It isnt exactly consistent with him taking the 50 pieces of silver for that other French game though is it?

Must be a sickener for the Scots... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

You trying to send me over the edge?

Right in the feels!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Squeeze past France and there is potential for an England quarterfinal clash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

gandalf wrote: »
    Feck that it's the French and we owe them. Go at them like we did tonight and anything is possible.

Plus the potential of na Sasanaigh in the quarters too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Richard Dunne on ITV looks like he's commenting on a funeral.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

SlickRic wrote: »
    MON has stumbled onto something now with the McCarthy-Brady-Hendrick midfield.

A bit of everything.

Brady and Hendrick have done their chances of playing the PL next season no harm either. McCarthy had a good night too. Did very well to frustrate Sturaro and Florenzi.

Interesting selection dilemma the next day. I'd say Whelan might come back in for France but I'd love to see that trio again.

We're in the soft side of the draw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Who needs to barbeque their balls?

Can someone repost that pic of Brady celebrating? Cant find it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Norwich 1-0 Italy

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,865 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Ireland, England, Wales, northern Ireland.....

Who'd have thunk it....

St Francis of Assisi, Julius Caesar, Michelangelo, Enzo Ferrari, Macchiavelli, Senor Gelato, Sylvio Berlusconi, Tony Mizzoni, can you hear me? Toni Mizzoni... your boys took a hell of a beating! Your boys took a hell of a beating!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Reminder that we likely will have Jonathan Walters judging from the celebrations alone :D

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Ireland, England, Wales, northern Ireland.....

Who'd have thunk it....

What were the odds???

Dunphy goes emotional befuk as usual.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Despite the fact it's irrelevant now, my blood still boils seeing that penalty incident again.

• Advertisement

Who needs to barbeque their balls?

I wont go that Löw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

It isnt exactly consistent with him taking the 50 pieces of silver for that other French game though is it?

5 million for no reason at all? What idiot would say no to that?

St Francis of Assisi, Julius Caesar, Michelangelo, Enzo Ferrari, Macchiavelli, Senor Gelato, Sylvio Berlusconi, Tony Mizzoni, can you hear me? Toni Mizzoni... your boys took a hell of a beating! Your boys took a hell of a beating!"

I'dbe quietly thanking them tbf

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

glued wrote: »
    Brady and Hendrick have done their chances of playing the PL next season no harm either. McCarthy had a good night too. Did very well to frustrate Sturaro and Florenzi.

Interesting selection dilemma the next day. I'd say Whelan might come back in for France but I'd love to see that trio again.

Yeah i think Hendrick is very much good enough for the Premier League

Despite the fact it's irrelevant now, my blood still boils seeing that penalty incident again.

Well just thinking, if we cant get a decision against Italy (when they are already through), what chance will we have in a knockout game against the hosts. !!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement