Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro 2016 Group E, Ireland v Italy & Sweden v Belgium, 8PM RTE, TV3, ITV & ITV 4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Credit to O'Neill. He made a number of brave calls with the team selection tonight and they paid off. Well done.

A special night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Where's the poster Green Fella now????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Can people give the Delaney thing a break, just for tonight, please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Nearly put my pregnant missus into labour with my cheering when Brady scored. :D

Little Robbie come early???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

martyos121 wrote: »
    I didn't think I could love Gigi Buffon anymore, and then he comes along and does that after the final whistle. One of the classiest individuals to ever grace the football pitch.

He's like thqt before games too, greeting opposition players like theyre long lost friends. A proper gent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭hadepsx

Gave the gf a scare with my scream when brady scored. :-) Should have him in midfield more often. He was excellent imo. Also hoolihan has some set on him after his miss. Alot of players would have gone in their shell but he didnt. Put in a fantastic cross for the goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

If Ireland beat France they'll possibly have England in the Quarters..... tell me if i'm getting a bit too carried away....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭trashcan

Paully D wrote: »
    Credit to O'Neill. He made a number of brave calls with the team selection tonight and they paid off. Well done.

A special night.

I think moving Brady into the middle was a master stroke. Himself and Hendrick were terrific. Still not sold on McCarthy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,660 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

mansize wrote: »
    I'dbe quietly thanking them tbf

Is there not another parade you can p*ss on tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Degag wrote: »
    If Ireland beat France they'll possibly have England in the Quarters..... tell me if i'm getting a bit too carried away....

Not a chance in hell.

We'll be playing Iceland in the quarters.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Debil

glasso wrote: »
    Walters is crocked and no point in bringing on a player in that shape.

It's good that you have a direct line to the Irish Medical team. Take it easy, enjoy the night:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

Paully D wrote: »

A special night.

Yeah 100%. I doubted the changes big time but the team really turned up. O'Neill's liathroidi totally vindicated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Degag wrote: »

France are bound to fall victim to the hype of being hosts, every chance it could be against us. Football karma owes us a win over them anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

Sorry, it was me that started it, but just annoyed me seeing him trying to jump his way on to the front papers again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Hard to believe that's our first win in the Euro finals since we beat England in Euro 88,

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Looks like Ireland is closed tomorrow.

Closed Sunday too , Monday isnt looking great either...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,367 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Thierry kid revenge is a dish best served cold kiddddd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Now kiss!

kK4qckQ.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,629 ✭✭✭✭Sand

hadepsx wrote: »
    Gave the gf a scare with my scream when brady scored. :-) Should have him in midfield more often. He was excellent imo. Also hoolihan has some set on him after his miss. Alot of players would have gone in their shell but he didnt. Put in a fantastic cross for the goal.

In fairness, Hoolahan scored one goal and assisted the second that got Ireland 4 points and into the next round. He had a miss, but hes having a good tournament overall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

The entire street erupted when that final whistle went, people driving their cars around honking as if they've won the thing :pac:

Brilliant performance from what I could see (was watching the Belgian game with the Ireland game on in the background), thoroughly deserved.

And now since about half of my friends here are French, this should be interesting :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

My side for Sunday

Randolph
    Coleman O' Shea Keogh Brady
    Mc Carthy
    Hendrick Whelan Mc Clean
    Hoolahan

Long

My side for Sunday

Randolph
    Mc Carthy
    Hendrick Whelan Mc Clean
    Hoolahan

Long

My side for Sunday

Randolph
    Mc Carthy
    Hendrick Whelan Mc Clean
    Hoolahan

Long

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭R00ster

Good guy Weso. He didn't want to hog the glory so he passed that chance over!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

murpho999 wrote: »
    Hard to believe that's our first win in the Euro finals since we beat England in Euro 88,

Christ, I've gotten old. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Can the Scots put the bins out cause no one is going home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Sorry, it was me that started it, but just annoyed me seeing him trying to jump his way on to the front papers again.

Strange thing to get irritated by. Would you prefer he showed no emotion?????? Anyway...

Fair play to Martin. He must have been under some pressure after the Belgium game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

I'm currently in the back arse of nowhere with barely any phone signal. But this thread has been all ive needed tonight. Thanks a lot lads, i'm giddy at your jubilation.

If we are allowed to play 3 teams we are sorted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

No, he's a despicable chancer who is a poison on Irish football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Is there not another parade you can p*ss on tonight?

I'm nt but I wouldn't sinner the Italians

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

The team that started tonight should start against France. There's something interesting there and it would be a pity to break it up now. Give that 11 another shot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭irishchris

My side for Sunday

Randolph
    Mc Carthy
    Hendrick Whelan Mc Clean
    Hoolahan

Long

So who do you think should start on Sunday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,660 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Put 'Em Under Pressure on a loop tonight.

Hashtag goosebumps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Great win...nothing to lose against France. Hoolahan with the bit of quality again. Great to see what it means to the players and fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rodge68

I stayed at home tonight but was out last night and tmr nite, think I'll stay at home once we keep winning or keep playing like that .
    The only downside is that Hendrick is playing so brilliantly Derby will sell him when a bid comes in..joking...he deserves it !!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 YerMasYerDa

Ulster better gaelic, better football championships, better rugby players, better craic, better everything. Enjoy our managerial tactics, smear them all over your golden-spoon-fed-county's-population.

Mod: Banned.

Ulster better gaelic, better football championships, better rugby players, better craic, better everything. Enjoy our managerial tactics, smear them all over your golden-spoon-fed-county's-population.

What is your opinion on the Syrian crisis?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

A word for our centre backs tonight, much better pairing and much better performance there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,242 ✭✭✭✭briany

Agree McClean was great tonight. He played above himself.

irishchris wrote: »
    So who do you think should start on Sunday?

God is it really THAT soon??:eek:

Hardly fair with France having played three days ago? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

Good result for the Irish team. Even better result for the French team.

But it's not about tonight. It's about the wider impact it will have on football in this country. It's the legacy of tonight's performance and the winning goal which will live on in the memories of the nation and hopefully inspire young lads (and ladies) to resist the temptation of inferior, purely physicality reliant games for short term gain and popularity and take up the universal game of football, the beautiful game, the greatest sport in the world, the universal game, the only game that is watched and played in fishing villages in Taiwan, favelas in Brasil and all across the continents of Africa and Europe. The only game that can and has united the world and will continue to do so in the future. That is what should be celebrated tonight. And that is why we should be congratulating the team, the management and the whole set up.

Like 99% of the posters on here.

What??? Football fans fickle?? Never :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭secman

Thinking of Bill okeey dokee..sure he's smiling above....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Great win...nothing to lose against France.

All of the expectation and pressure is on the French.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Dunphy please stop, Irish soccer was in disarray last week

wtf?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭irishchris

Nice chap

• Advertisement

Canadel wrote: »
    Good result for the Irish team. Even better result for the French team.

We'll see hombre, we'll see ;)

Advertisement