Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Record Rack has re-opened

• 22-06-2016 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭

I've heard that Record Rack are back up and running (Parnell St. I think)! Looking forward to calling in to them.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

It's very small and stock is quite low at the moment but I'd like to wish the owner the best of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,471 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Me too

I can see them doing well in the business that they used to sell upstairs, the hoodies and tshirts and posters etc

I don't think they'll sell many cds though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I wish them well but would rarely buy that sort of thing anymore, same when HMV opened in Shannon, delighted but knew I'd never need anything they had, they closed very soon afterwards.
    I'm sure they know what they're doing and are selling stuff other than CDs and DVDs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭Deagol

I might be a customer. I had the weird thing of trying to buy an album recently and naively thought I could go online and buy it digitally. Dunno if I'm a dunce but I couldn't find anything except sites offering to lend me their music (streaming) which I have zero interest in (I mean, how do you listen to streaming on a car stereo)!!

Anyway, think I'm going to start buying any albums I've never got round to buying before :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Seems to have a stock of LPs so the renewed interest in vinyl might be the key to its success. Hopefully, it will work out well.

• Advertisement

Deagol wrote: »
    (I mean, how do you listen to streaming on a car stereo)!!

Very easy actually.
    Buy a stereo with a headphone socket and/or a usb port.
    You can also use an fm transmitter linked to your radio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭Deagol

Very easy actually.
    Buy a stereo with a headphone socket and/or a usb port.
    You can also use an fm transmitter linked to your radio.

I think you haven't thought that answer through very thoroughly ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Get a car or radio that supports Bluetooth streaming from the phone to the radio. (Or connect phone to the stereo as described in the post above)
    Get Spotify and either stream live or select playlists/albums to stream offline (ie it stores the music on your phone so you don't have to use data)

Deagol wrote: »
    I think you haven't thought that answer through very thoroughly ;)

It's basic enough dude...or am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 recordrack

Yes folks it IS true The Rack IS back. Record Rack re-opened in mid June 2016 in Salthouse Lane Parnell St,Ennis just across the road from Ivans (was O'Briens) and Click.
    We are stocking new releases and back catalogue on Vinyl and cd. We also buy and sell pre-owned vinyl and cd. Pop in have a browse and a chat. Hope to see ye all soon.
    Cheers
    Dave
    Record Rack Parnell St, Ennis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Record Rack during the late 80;s-90's was the dog's bollox, I remember as a young kid, early teens, all the iron Maiden, guns n roses patches and skulls, all the cool stuff for rockers you could buy upstairs in the old shop. How times have changed :(

Damn you Bieber

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭babygirlz

Loved the place back in the day, we used to spend all day Saturday there browsing the tapes and the posters.

Advertisement