Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up an account

Options
  • 22-06-2016 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello, I'm starting college in september and I'm looking to set up a bank account that my BTE (back to education) allowance will be payed into. What account am I looking for? Does this cost me money? and are there transaction costs? Thanks Aaron

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Morning Aaron_93, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie and considering Bank of Ireland for bank account. 

We have a dedicated 3rd level college account which you can open. This account is designed to best benefit our college student needs. You can read all about the features here on our website and the fees and charges are listed here on page 11.

Generally photo identification in the form of a passport or driving licence and also for your proof of address, a recently utility bill within the last 3 months is required when opening the account. 

We are aware some students may not have a utility bill in their name, you branch you choose to open the account with will be more than happy to suggest alternatives for this. They may accept a recent utility bill from a parent or guardian. We would suggest contacting the branch or your student advisor who will be happy to assist you further with this. 

If you have all the documentation required you can apply online here today. 

I hope this helps and if you need anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Elaine 

Advertisement