Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gutter + fascia & soffit cleaning recommendations

Options
  • 22-06-2016 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭

I'm in a 3 bed terrace (so no sides just back and front) in ballinlough and wondering does anyone have any recommendations for gutter cleaner.

Also what price would it be about? Never had it done before.

And one more, looking to put in extraction vent from bathroom fan into the soffit. Would a guy do this when up there, just drill hole and screw in vent. Can do it myself but prefer to avoid ladders if cost is reasonable

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭shafty100

i have used this man , richard 086 2484299 , he done an excellent job and was very reasonable , now i dont knoe about the soffit vent

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

I think tis Richard to is the G&M cleaning.. Either way they are very good I had them clean the windows of a two storey and ground and they done a great job

• Registered Users Posts: 5,770 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Dynorod do this, around the €130 mark normally. Had them do mine last month, top notch job, two guys working.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭shafty100

thats expensive but there an established business so they seem to command top rates which is ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

shafty100 wrote: »
    thats expensive but there an established business so they seem to command top rates which is ridiculous

I'd rather pay over the odds knowing a crowd are fully insured. Especially when it comes to heights and ladders

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Ohh I knew there was something I was thinking off. I heard an advert on 4fm last night for Dyno Rod saying they are now cleaning gutters and that if you mentioned you heard the ad on 4fm you get it for free. Might be worth a shot

• Registered Users Posts: 2 niamh corcoran 100

hi i recently got a price for my small mid terrace house to have the gutters emptied and cleaned and a window clean and was quoted 150 plus vat from dynorod which i think is crazy for such a small property so i just called the man recommended on here and was quoted 80 euros all in for the same work involved and he is fully insured so i know who il be using

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭blindsider

mordeith wrote: »
    I'd rather pay over the odds knowing a crowd are fully insured. Especially when it comes to heights and ladders

It seems to me that we run scared when we hear the 'INSURANCE' word.

I'm no expert, but surely you could get someone to sign a piece of paper saying that the contractor bears all risk and associated costs for any accidents on-site.

[/ontopic]

€80 seems like a decent price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

blindsider wrote: »
    It seems to me that we run scared when we hear the 'INSURANCE' word.

I'm no expert, but surely you could get someone to sign a piece of paper saying that the contractor bears all risk and associated costs for any accidents on-site.

[/ontopic]

€80 seems like a decent price.

Have you read the insurance claims in the paper. Money for every small thing, even if you are mostly to blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭blindsider

I have. That's why i'd ask someone to sign a disclaimer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement