Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lunch Dun Laoghaire Shopping Centre

Options
  • 22-06-2016 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭

I am meeting someone for lunch in Dun Laoghaire Shopping Centre. I havent been there for years. Where do Boardies suggest for a quick soup and sandwich.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Yintang

I wouldn't recommend anywhere in the shopping centre! Go down the road to the cafe upstairs in Brian S Nolan fabric shop - think its called White Tea. Lovely soup and sambos there and lovely decor etc. Far nicer than the grotty shopping centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Or the Sunshine Cafe, it's a few doors away on the city side of St. Michael's Hospital, yellow front and a few tables outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Only options in the shopping centre are O'Briens or another place downstairs which name I cant remember but don't really like. Sunshine Cafe as mentioned is pretty nice. Harry's across the road is another possible but I only ever drink the coffee there.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Awaaf

I like the Italian Place on the LHS as you go up Patrick Street (seats in back). Its basic enough. Leonardos between McDonalds and the Park is nice. The Royal Marine Bar food is nice but pricy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Milanos pizza is 5 mins walk from the shopping centre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Awaaf wrote: »
    I like the Italian Place on the LHS as you go up Patrick Street (seats in back). Its basic enough. Leonardos between McDonalds and the Park is nice. The Royal Marine Bar food is nice but pricy.

Probably passed it a million times and never realised there were seats in that place, apart from the lone one in the front. Must check it out sometime. I do quite like the Italian place on the other side of the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Skatedude wrote: »
    Milanos pizza is 5 mins walk from the shopping centre

Love their pizzas but for a 'quick soup and a sandwich' :confused:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Harrys does lovely Sambos and Soup

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

I'd go with Sunshine Cafe too, lovely little place and the grub is great

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

another vote for Harry's, opposite the SC (they have a takeaway place in the SC as well). Their chicken noodle soup is amazing and very filling. Blue Ginger (in the old Easons place) is supposed to be good as well, but I've never been in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭bisset

We went to O'Neill's pub opposite the shopping centre.We were in a hurry to get out of the rain. I was surprised they did not do sandwiches. We had sweet potato soup with brown bread which was tasty and filling. Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 411

Gourmet Food Parlour is great for lunch too, just opposite the Dart station.

Advertisement