Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pony riding

Options
  • 22-06-2016 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,
    Does anyone know of good a pony riding stable in or around Galway with relaxed atmosphere and happy animals. I'm looking for my 6-year old son. My focus is on him learning to interact with ponies and I would appreaciate if we could participate in cleaning stables, grooming, feeding...

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Most places won't let six year old muck out or feed!AIRE standard place would be well run- have a look here
    http://aire.ie/index.php/riding-centres-head/all-centres/itemlist/category/8-co-galway

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭GearMaven

For about 6 years my niece attended pony camps at Feeney's Riding Center at Thonabrucky above Ballymoneen Rd and had the time of her life!! Mucked out stalls, fed ponies, learned to jump, had lunch each day with loads of children, made many friends, entered competitions, etc. Visited for old times sake with her (19 now) and saw new lambs, 5 new foals, some pot bellied pigs...the stuff children love! Your son would probably love it too.

Jan

Advertisement