Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Player on ATV

Options
  • 22-06-2016 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi.

Anyone here know if rte player app will be coming to the new atv?

Tx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

doubt it, they can't even get bitrate right on their web player / iOS / Android app it's like watching an episode of Cops.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

No. I'd imagine rights issues will hold this up for a while. Especially since the ATV App Store is still new. It will take even longer for it take off over here with the rights quagmire, Sky monopoly, etc, Apple face, making it even less appealing to consumers.

Somebody else can confirm, but I'm pretty sure you can Airplay RTE to the ATV from another iOS device. It's not great and I wouldn't buy the ATV for that purpose, but it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Sinistralxo

Thanks, yeah I Airplayed the match last night from iPhone using iOS app. Wasn't bad. My Samsung has rte player built in but the tellies wifi is atrocious and couldn't get anything to stream from it,

I'm surprised these lads aren't quicker at porting apps from iOS to ATV

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Theres an app in the app store where you can manually add streams to it. Will check when I get home. Think its called tv streams or something like that.

I use it on my ATV4 downstairs to watch RTE1 and 2 and TV3.

Sounds promising, would like to hear more, thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Sounds promising, would like to hear more, thanks!

It's called TV Streams. Can't remember if it's on the Irish store or not, I have accounts in 3 countries.

Anyway if you get the app(think I paid for it) you add addresses to it for the channels to set it up, name them and then that's it.

A quick google on it should have you sorted. It's an official app in the App Store. May be the UK or US store rather than Ireand, not 100% sure.

Thanks I will have a look those evening

adox wrote: »
    It's called TV Streams. Can't remember if it's on the Irish store or not, I have accounts in 3 countries.

Anyway if you get the app(think I paid for it) you add addresses to it for the channels to set it up, name them and then that's it.

A quick google on it should have you sorted. It's an official app in the App Store. May be the UK or US store rather than Ireand, not 100% sure.

OK i got the app but no links i enter seem to work, i think I am missing something here. any suggestions?

cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

Assume there's no way (other than Airplay) to stream RTE on an ATV3?

Advertisement