Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tikka recknagle rail

Options
  • 22-06-2016 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭

I have a tikka t3 lite using Warne rings and a scope with 50mm objective. The scope is too high and can't get a good cheekweld, I was going to get a recknagle picatinny 20 moa rail and lower rings. Anyone got any recommendations or what you using on your tikka? Also was going to order from opticwarehouse UK. What are they like to deal with? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭steyrman

Hi another option is to put a karstan cheek piece riser on it unless it's timber then it's a job for pat Sludds to fit adjustable cheek piece you will get proper cheek weld then IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭nastros

I use an EGW 20 moa rail for my Tikka does the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭eoin.d

Thanks steyrman ive a synthetic stock on mine but dont like the idea of drilling it. My scope can come down at least14mm and i wanted to close this gap. Wanted the advantage of been able to swap around scopes that a rail would give me also.
    Nastros what rings are you using

Burris xtreme rings but they are probably a bit over kill I had them spare. I like the burris signature zee rings as they come with build in shims so you can centre your windage.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭steyrman

The rail will bring it higher up than it is ATM even with low rings you will struggle to get cheek weld with out adjustable cheek piece or rear bag fitted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭lefthooker

Is there a reason you need 20 moa?
    I had an EGW 0 moa rail and the lowest nf rings with a 50mm nxs, had 2-3mm clearance. That said my stick had an adjustable cheek riser. What scope do you use/ intend to use?

Lefthooker i was getting a rail either way and with the 20 moa i would have the extra distance if i even needed in the future. Better to have than be lookin for. Ive a burris black diamond 6-24×50 scope.
    Steyrman i know the rail will add height but i will have more choice in rings to pick lower rings than trying to get lower rings to suit the tikka dovetail

The recknagel rail is supposedly 6mm, which isn't too bad. Choose a set of rings with a 8-10mm base and you should be a few mils of the barrel. Another option is extra low optilocks, I did this with a similar scope to yours at the weekend and had a 2mm gap. Regardless I too think you'll have to pad the butt to get the right height.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

With a 2mm gap do you run into clearance issues for scope covers?

Butler creek, vortex, tenebraex style covers won't fit at 2mm but bikini style covers can be doctored. I'm not too fussed about scope covers and prefer to have my scope mounted low as possible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

I have a Tier one 20moa rail and warne low rings for a 56mm scope outside diameter 62mm i think and have plenty of clearance, have you a light or heavy barrel

Ya Id prefer a low scope having no scope covers as the way it is now.

I have a light barrel ormondprop. Where did you get the rail

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

Got from doms custom rifles, tier one rings look good too but they had no low 34mm rings so went with warne

They are based over in the UK I believe here is their site http://www.tier-one.eu/scope-rings.html

Advertisement