Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Porting out number only

Options
  • 22-06-2016 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi,

We wish to port out a number that has eircom adsl. The number is going onto our SIP trunk provided by another company. However, the porting company said this will cease the broadband. We wish to remain an Eircom Broadband Only Customer.

I rang Eircom today to find out if we could get a new number attached to the account and then just port out the old one. Eircom stated that once I port out the number that a "fake number" would be attached onto the account and the broadband would not cease.

Rang back the porting company and they said this was incorrect, the broadband will cease.

Can you please clarify ?

Regards,
    Belmo. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

belmo wrote: »
    Hi,

We wish to port out a number that has eircom adsl. The number is going onto our SIP trunk provided by another company. However, the porting company said this will cease the broadband. We wish to remain an Eircom Broadband Only Customer.

I rang Eircom today to find out if we could get a new number attached to the account and then just port out the old one. Eircom stated that once I port out the number that a "fake number" would be attached onto the account and the broadband would not cease.

Rang back the porting company and they said this was incorrect, the broadband will cease.

Can you please clarify ?

Regards,
    Belmo. 
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]belmo,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you port the line only out to your new provider this should not affect your DSL service, a stand-alone broadband number would be then allocated to your line. This would usually start with 888.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

Advertisement