Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleep routine 6 month old

Options
  • 23-06-2016 4:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

No judgements please, I'm at the end of my rope. She is impossible to put down and has been awake since 3am feeding (an hour in counting). She has just gone on solids and I intend to ebf her regardless of what routine (Gina ford etc ) we try. Anyone find a particularly good routine or recommend a good book? I'll try anything I'm so tired. And if I'm so tired I can only imagine how tired she is too

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Do you bedshare? That's what we do and it has kept me sane. Moved him into our bed at 4 months when I went back to work, he wakes every 1-3 hours since birth (15 months now), just wake up, latch him on, back to sleep, bliss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

6 month growth spurt /developmental leap . It will pass.

Look down through this forum or any other and you will see loads of other parents with the same question. It takes a few weeks, where they want more calories and their sleep is disturbed. It happens a few more times too...

Hang in there, and if they get a daytime nap, take one yourself too.

Advertisement