Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hasselblad announce new mirrorless camera....

• 23-06-2016 10:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭

Yesterday, Hasselblad announced new mirrorless camera.

It will cost €7900 plus VAT. But, given its 50 megapixels on a very large sensor (low noise) and its compatibility with older lenses (albeit with an adapter), I suspect it will have a lot of takers from existing Hassie users.

It can only be a matter of time before comparison tests are made with Sonys equivalent offering - costing less than half the price.

D.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

It's a pretty nice looking camera alright. Reminds me a little of the Mamiya 7 bodies.
    I've been using a H5D a lot recently but mainly in the studio as it's pretty big to cart around.
    The price on this seems pretty good, wonder if they'll offer any trade in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Though I'm not sure where 43.8 × 32.9mm counts as "medium format". How big is the sensor on the H5 ?

Smallest medium format that I can think of is 6x4.5 or in actuality about 5.8x4.3 or thereabouts or about 25 cm^2. The hasselblad sensor clocks in at about 14.5 cm^2 which is bigger than nominal full frame (about 9cm^2) but way smaller than 6x4.5

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,039 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

looks like the sensor on the H5 is bigger, 40.2mm x 53.7mm.
    http://www.hasselblad.com/h5-system/h5d-60

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

I use the 50mp version of the H5 with a 36.7 x 49.1 mm sensor.

I don't think it can be directly compared to medium format film though. The H series are mainly for commercial/advertising work and film just doesn't cut it for that sort of stuff.

Advertisement