Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Verified by Visa unlocking issue

Options
  • 23-06-2016 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi,

After incorrectly entering my Visa debit password three times online, my card was locked. I've rung the number given, and was informed I could reset it after answering some security questions next time I use it. Unfortunately I won't be using it until I pay for a hire car this weekend, and I fear that it won't work when I try, and I won't have a means to answer security questions in the hire depot.

I've been trying to find somewhere to reset it online but have had no joy. Can anyone make any suggestions?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Morning Allafloat, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie. 

Can I just double check with you if the password your query relates to is your Verified by Visa password? And also, when you will be hiring the car, will you be doing this in person with your card or online again? 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Allafloat

Thanks for the prompt reply Elaine,

Yes, it is the Verified by Visa password, and the next time I use it will be in person at the car hire depot - it was while trying to book the car online that I cocked up the password... It's a credit card not debit as I first wrote.

Perfect :-) 

Your Verified by Visa password on your Credit card is only required by participating retailers when purchasing online. So when you present your card at the weekend for car hire, you will not be required to enter in details for this. You'll just need your 4 digit pin number for the card. 

Just to mention, the next time you purchase online (with a participating retailer) you'll be asked to reset your Verified by Visa password. Regrettably, it is not possible to do this unless you're making a purchase.

I hope this helps reassure you for your purchase this weekend. 

Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Allafloat

Thanks Elaine - most reassuring. :)

You're more than welcome, glad to help here today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 countrygal25

You're more than welcome, glad to help here today.
    Could someone tell me if I need to change my Verified by Visa password as my old visa debit card was cancelled and I've been sent a new one?

I need to make a purchase through ticketmaster which I know uses Verified by visa and their pages only give you a certain amount of time to input the information or else you're put to the back of the queue again.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 22 countrygal25

Could someone tell me if I need to change my Verified by Visa password as my old visa debit card was cancelled and I've been sent a new one?

I need to make a purchase through ticketmaster which I know uses Verified by visa and their pages only give you a certain amount of time to input the information or else you're put to the back of the queue again.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard

Thanks
    Good afternoon countrygal25,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

When you go to make a purchase with your new Visa Debit card, you will be prompted to set up a new Verified by Visa password.

Please let us know if you have any further queries.

Thanks,
    Richard

Advertisement