Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile phone bought in Argos

Options
  • 23-06-2016 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭

Got a problem with my S7 edge screen. A white line appeared across the screen for no reason, bought it in Argos and going to see if i can exchange it later on. Anyone knows how they will respond? Am i under my rights to ask for an exchange even after 30 days of purchase?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

You have no right to demand an exchange but Argos are excellent in cases like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

thank you will try and see how it goes, hopefully they can exchange it for me, still under warranty as phones usually have 1-2 years from manufacturer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

5star02707 wrote: »
    thank you will try and see how it goes, hopefully they can exchange it for me, still under warranty as phones usually have 1-2 years from manufacturer.

If its a simple fix, they will get samsung to fix it.

Look at it another way -
    If you buy a car and the bumper comes loose after a couple of months, you get a repair, not an exchange.

So if its something that is repairable to a state that is good enough for the use it was intended, then that is what you are entitled to

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

You have no right to demand an exchange but Argos are excellent in cases like this.

+1 Every time a thread of this sort is opened - 'I bought xxxxx in Argos and it's faulty, what are they like for a refund or exchange?', the answer is the same as above.

OP, read this thread from last month and you'll be reassured, it contains about 5 or 6 posts in praise of Argos' returns policy.....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057601125

It's one of the reasons I bought a TV for the bedroom from them recently even though it was cheaper on Amazon UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Cerco

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057610984

See above. Not always ready to resolve issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Cerco wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057610984

See above. Not always ready to resolve issues.

The thread you're linking to proves that their phone system is sh1te, that's all. Bring the item back to the store where you bought it and they will sort you out. OP in that thread said so about a fault with a previous item he bought with an extended warranty ....
    muffler wrote: »
    I recall buying an electric lawnmower from Argos in N.I. several years ago and I took out a 1 year extended warranty on it (2 years in total). near the end of the 2 year period smoke started coming out of the mower so I took it back to Argos in NI. and they replaced it there and then.

Advertisement