Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Big screen?

• 23-06-2016 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

WHAT A NIGHT! COYBIG!

Has anyone heard of any plans for a Big screen in Dublin for the French game?

Surely someone will sort something.

I've got a young family and would love to (hopefully) celebrate with other fans as opposed to running round the living room like a lunatic.

Anyone heard of anything being organised?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

There was a reason we can't have nice things. The last time there was a fan village in the IFSC there was a bit of tomfoolery that ruined the prospects for having a big screen in the city for these championships.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Not after the carry on in 2012. People acting the maggot ruined it for everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Yes, whilst our fans give us a great name abroad, our hooligans stay at home.

I would rather watch in a house though, you can't see a game properly at those type of events.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭LaGlisse

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Not after the carry on in 2012. People acting the maggot ruined it for everyone.

What happened?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Could the not do the Aviva this time? I'm sure it would get a full house.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Green Fella

Tinie wrote: »

That would be quality but doubt they can organise it in time

In the Dáil, Labour leader Brendan Howlin called for the establishment of a fanzone, like other European cities, to allow everyone to watch the next match.

"We've done it for the All-Ireland, we've done it for the marriage equality referendum," he said.

Tánaiste Frances Fitzgerald said the Government would "certainly approach" the relevant authorities and said the facilities that were erected for the same-sex marriage referendum could be replicated.

Looks like it may be a goer after all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭sjb25

Looks like it may be a goer after all

Be God even the politicians are making good suggestions what is happening with this country in the last 24hrs :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

sjb25 wrote: »
    Be God even the politicians are making good suggestions what is happening with this country in the last 24hrs :)

They're probably thinking about the next election that may not be that far off.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭King_of_Kingz

There should be a fanzone, first time in 14 years we've been in the knockout phase of a major tournament. Let's treat it with the significance it deserves!

• Advertisement

Some how I dont think it will attract the same type of crowd as the SSM Referendum lol

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Anyone else in the RDS fanzone when ROI beat Romania in Italia 90? Oh the memories!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,854 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

urgh Smithfield! could they not have put it in Dublin castle courtyard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

The early KO time will probably help with keeping the crowd low key....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Hopefully it'll be organised by people who've actually seen how the fanzones operate in France.
    And not just their own idea of how it should operate.
    Otherwise we end up with something that is a 'fanzone' by name only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

SantryRed wrote: »
    The early KO time will probably help with keeping the crowd low key....

It being Dublin city, I kind of doubt it. Doesn't sound like my ideal venue for watching it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭cson

That'll be knacker central anyway. Direct line into it and all.

Expect extreme messiness.

No Alcohol permitted at it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

No Alcohol permitted at it

But it won't be enforced anyways

• Advertisement

Tinie wrote: »

The GAA must be reading boards

Croke park anyone :)

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/gaa-considering-ireland-game-on-croke-park-big-screen-1.2696601

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Wasn't there a big screen for Euro 2012 in Docklands/IFSC?

If I recall, it descended into chaos.... with assaults and robberies by the skangers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Dubsey wrote: »
    WHAT A NIGHT! COYBIG!

Has anyone heard of any plans for a Big screen in Dublin for the French game?

Surely someone will sort something.

I've got a young family and would love to (hopefully) celebrate with other fans as opposed to running round the living room like a lunatic.

Anyone heard of anything being organised?

I know the Odean organised some cinemas to show the matches live.
    Keep an eye out. Might be handy for a family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Handy for me. Don't live to far away!

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Dubsey

Well it looks like the big screen in Smithfield, Croke Park and wherever else they decide to show it was purely as a result of this thread! 😉

Cheers for the responses and info and wherever you be watching - enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭R00ster

It'd be nice to have something in the Phoenix park or the Aviva. Pity that nothing better than Smithfield could be organised. They had a big fan zone in Belfast for ROI and NIR games:

https://twitter.com/PSNIAirSupport/status/745332853517484033

Advertisement