Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thai/asian restaurant - city centre?

Options
  • 23-06-2016 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,875 ✭✭✭

hi where would one go for a quick thai/asian meal in and around say the Middle Abbey Street area? wanna go for something quick before heading on the luas for a gig in Royal Hospital Kilmanham

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Laura_A

Its not Abbey st but Thai Orchid on Westmorland street is nice, reasonable prices and quick service - not to far from Jervis either for the luas..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

What about the M&L beside the Pro-Cathedral? I haven't been there for a few years but the dumplings get great reviews on Yelp, etc. It's 'authentic', read not posh at all, but I brought my parents there a few years ago and they loved it.

If you'd prefer something more polished that feels more like a treat, there's Koh, near the Jervis Luas stop. At least you have the Luas just outside...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,875 ✭✭✭sporina

great thanks for the suggestions.. koh looks great.. food wise.. we are not really a cocktail gang.. thai orchid would be grand i'd say..

just to have a choice for all of the gang, any recommendations for some general food like chicken / salad dishes? again near luas line and not too €€€

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

+1 for either Koh or Thai Orchid. Koh is especially handy since it's pretty much at the Jervis Luas stop.

+1 for either Koh or Thai Orchid. Koh is especially handy since it's pretty much at the Jervis Luas stop.

ok thanks - i see Koh is a restaurant/cocktail bar - is the restaurant separate to the bar? not sure the bar would be our kind of scene..

but the menu looks great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Maglight

Old Town on Capel Street. Excellent food and very clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 otoolej2

Aoki on south Richmond street does a tasty and filling bento box(lunch) for 8 euro, 10% off for students too.

one of us will not eat in a chinese = too many bad experiences..

will prob go with Koh..

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

sporina wrote: »
    one of us will not eat in a chinese = too many bad experiences..

will prob go with Koh..

thanks

The bar is separate from the restaurant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

The good word in Georges St always had a good name.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

The good word in Georges St always had a good name.

Terribly over rated and over priced IMO...and far from the OP's target area too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I was in Koh the other night and I really wasn't impressed. The service was incredibly slow and the food was just ok.

Advertisement