Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice please

Options
  • 23-06-2016 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys, am looking for some advice. I have worked in an office for eight years now and loved the job. Was busy from the minute I went in in the morning until I left.There is two of us in the office. A while ago, we got a new boss, and apparently a lot of the work that I was doing the other person in the office should have been doing. But the other person now is trying to do everything, so it looks like that I am doing nothing. I have said to the boss that there is days I have nothing to do, and she just said let me know when that happens. I hate the job now, and dread going to work. The other person in the office doesnt even talk to me now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

There's a few different options here.
    • If you have team meetings with the three of you, bring up the topic of responsibilities/sharing the work.
    • Talk to your manager about having a "fall back project" - something useful to the company in the long term that doesn't have a specific deadline, and that you can turn to when things are quieter. I have no idea what your job is, but that could be something like ensuring the corporate directory is up to date, or researching new clients, or setting up templates for frequently used files (actual templates, not just copying and pasting the last one). Ideal scenario is that you'll come up with the idea, and have something "solid" to show for it at the end. It should be a one-off type of thing, not "I'll start watering the plants".
    • Talk to the other person and find out why they're not talking to you.

Advertisement