Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Im overseas - Why is it so hard to send money to someone

Options
  • 23-06-2016 12:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi 
    I am overseas and I want to send money from my account to my sister. I need to send it asap. Sounds simple right? Nope.... When I try to send it, I am told i need a dozen security codes, wait for a letter, or set my phone number up to receive a code that needs to be verified over the phone etc etc  then i can set her up as a payee....a joke? Doesn't seem like it. 
    In this day and age where transferring of information is done almost instantly, why are bank of Ireland having such difficulty keeping up with technology? Why all the security codes? I am already logged in through the several usernames, pins and confirmation of my DOB and last 4 digits of my phone number that you have asked....it takes far to long just to log into my account. 
    Please - do your customer a favour, make log in simple, 2 pins or passwords is more than enough.
    When I want to send money to someone, let me do it, no questions asked. No letters, no setting up as a payee, just let me do it. 
    I've raised this issue last year, in branch and over the phone - still no changes 12 months later!
    Please make this process simpler because at present, it is just not customer friendly.
    D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Sending money to someone via 365 is very easy, once you have your account setup correctly.

I am very happy with the additional security that BOI have when trying to add a payee. What is so hard about getting a text message sent to your phone? Simple, easy, fast. Although they could up the limit when you verify by sms.

What happens if you only have 2 pins or passwords and you use a compromised PC? Key loggers are rampant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 deebuck

Mate, I'm waiting for someone from BOI to respond please.
    If you find it easy , good for you.
    I know international banks operate in a very different and more efficient way.
    I had to enter my overseas number and now must wait 5-7 business days for a pin to be sent by letter to my Irish address. If you find that efficient- good on you, I don't!

I had to enter my overseas number and now must wait 5-7 business days for a pin to be sent by letter to my Irish address. If you find that efficient- good on you, I don't!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

deebuck wrote: »
    Hi 
    I am overseas and I want to send money from my account to my sister. I need to send it asap. Sounds simple right? Nope.... When I try to send it, I am told i need a dozen security codes, wait for a letter, or set my phone number up to receive a code that needs to be verified over the phone etc etc  then i can set her up as a payee....a joke? Doesn't seem like it. 
    In this day and age where transferring of information is done almost instantly, why are bank of Ireland having such difficulty keeping up with technology? Why all the security codes? I am already logged in through the several usernames, pins and confirmation of my DOB and last 4 digits of my phone number that you have asked....it takes far to long just to log into my account. 
    Please - do your customer a favour, make log in simple, 2 pins or passwords is more than enough.
    When I want to send money to someone, let me do it, no questions asked. No letters, no setting up as a payee, just let me do it. 
    I've raised this issue last year, in branch and over the phone - still no changes 12 months later!
    Please make this process simpler because at present, it is just not customer friendly.
    D
    Good Afternoon deebuck, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie. 

I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the 'adding a payee' function on 365Online. Please be assured that the verification and activation requirements are in place to ensure your own financial security. 

While I can completely understand that this initial additional security can be inconveniencing while abroad, once you have your mobile registered for 365Online, this will allow you to add and activate payees in the future immediately. Future activation codes will be sent via SMS. By activating your mobile you will also have access to our 'Pay to Mobile' service.

For more information on our security codes and how registering your mobile will benefit your banking needs please see here

Finally, we sincerely appreciate your feedback today and will forward this to our Online Team. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

deebuck wrote: »

It's a public forum "mate" :rolleyes: 

I can tell you that "international banks" have very similar security measures.

BOI should not remove the additional security step to verify a new or updated phone number.

Good luck to ya.

Advertisement