Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dino Dini’s Kick Off Revival

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Is there going to be a demo I wonder? Curious if it will look and play similar to the original before shelling out.

I might try tune into some of his Twitch stream tomorrow and check it out.

I was unbeatable at kick Off 2 on the Amiga at one point :)
    Wasn't as good on sensible soccer.
    More skill was required for Kick Off imo (except for the cheap lob goals from the midfield semi circle).
    I bought Dino Dini's goal after but it just wasn't as much fun as Kick Off.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Yeah it was a good bit more difficult to control the ball in Kick Off 2 compared to Sensi - maybe that was part of the reason Sensible Soccer dwarfed it in terms of popularity? Was never that good at KO but I liked it nonetheless.

SWOS was king in our house back then.

The crowd chants in Goal were great and the pitches looked cool I thought, was decent enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

This a cross buy title?

My weapon of choice back in the day.

687474703a2f2f7777772e666c6173686261636b67616d65732e636f2e756b2f53686f705265736f75726365732f323637382f5468756d62732f494d475f363733382e6a7067

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

What are the control? I cant shot or anything

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Niska

X button does it all.

To shoot, press x then immediately move the left stick in a direction to give some spin (left spins it right, right spins it left and back will add height)

Prob most important, if you hold don X you can hold the ball. You can then do a controlled (although slow) dripple.
    If you hold X while the opposition has the ball and run into the ball, you can steal it without the lottery that is the sliding tackle.

Overall I'm having great fun, but feels a bit disappointing.
    Almost no options compared to Kick Off 2. No weather or pitch effects.
    If you were not a fan of the original (or no experience of the original), I have a hard time seeing you enjoying it.

No manual or instructions at all.

Here's the Kick Off 2 manual. Section 9 is the controls, which I've found to be the same more or less.

http://www.lemonamiga.com/games/docs.php?id=924

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TinCanMan

Niska wrote: »
    X button does it all.

To shoot, press x then immediately move the left stick in a direction to give some spin (left spins it right, right spins it left and back will add height)

Prob most important, if you hold don X you can hold the ball. You can then do a controlled (although slow) dripple.
    If you hold X while the opposition has the ball and run into the ball, you can steal it without the lottery that is the sliding tackle.

Overall I'm having great fun, but feels a bit disappointing.
    Almost no options compared to Kick Off 2. No weather or pitch effects.
    If you were not a fan of the original (or no experience of the original), I have a hard time seeing you enjoying it.

No manual or instructions at all.

Here's the Kick Off 2 manual. Section 9 is the controls, which I've found to be the same more or less.

http://www.lemonamiga.com/games/docs.php?id=924

Hopefully all of those missing options will be patched. Dino(if that's his name) did say they would be adding a lot of extra content for free over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I was gonna pick it up for the laugh but Fifa 16 is only 20 euro atm on psn (I know very different games but looking for a Euro 16 fix), will probably get more out of that I imagine. I never played the original Kick Off but loved Sensible Soccer. Checking out the modes, it looks very bare alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

I bought it earlier. It's muck lads. Don't waste a tenner on it.

• Advertisement

not sure how bad a conversion it is (don't have a ps4) but probably also not immediately "pick-up-able". I remember getting Kick Off 2 and not liking it at the start coming from Kick Off 1 (just Kick Off) which was more basic and easier to get into - took a few hours at least to get the hang of. Simpler times where you couldn't just buy another game pretty much instantly off steam or the playstation store if the instant gratification fix wasn't hit.
    does seem to have been rushed out for the euro's though - and rushing never works out well really.
    even the irish examiner has a review.
    http://www.irishexaminer.com/technow/games/dino-dinis-kick-off-revival-review-406853.html

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TinCanMan

Very disappointed with this. It's obviously rushed as others have alluded to with so many missing features. I hope this is addressed soon as in its current format I have no desire to play it any further.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

TinCanMan wrote: »
    Very disappointed with this. It obviously rushed as others have alluded to with so many missing features. I hope this is addressed soon as in its current format I have no desire to play it any further.

I was interested in this game but before I did buy it I watched the twitch stream of the dev 'playing it'. Only he wasn't he was answering questions on all the problems with it. No bookings and numerous bugs which he admittedly said would be patched out.
    He was more defending himself on why they didn't send out review copies (apparently the reviews were on a late patched copy) & saying he was pressured to meet the deadline (during the Euro's).
    Bizarre really.

Advertisement