Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hertz problem.

Options
  • 23-06-2016 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi wondering if you had a problems with Hertz in Ireland.

To have this story short:

1. I was in Hertz Dublin Airport to collect booked i advance car and was said that my card is declined.

2. I immediately called my bank they said that my card is completely fine and that they didn't declined any payments.

3. Immediately I gave them my second card and they said that this card is declined as well so I immediately called my bank and they again said that my card is completely fine.

They don't want to give me any explanation on why that's happened.

Do you experienced similar problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,819 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Is it a credit card or debit card that you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Alloha

Credit card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

could simply have been a communications issue with their machines. Unfortunately technology can break down sometimes and the front facing person at a desk won't know what the issue is.

Sometimes there's a code and that can then be checked with the bank to see what the refusal reason was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@testicles - making fun at a simple spelling mistake isn't constructive

dudara

• Advertisement

VincePP wrote: »
    could simply have been a communications issue with their machines. Unfortunately technology can break down sometimes and the front facing person at a desk won't know what the issue is.

Sometimes there's a code and that can then be checked with the bank to see what the refusal reason was.

There was no communication problem. I tried to get to the bottom of that and I find out that my card was actually was not declined but they did not get some kind of number from their bank.

But anyway thank you for you help.

Just to remind my question so the topic won't go on to one:

1. I was in Heartz Dublin Airport to collect booked i advance car and was said that my card is declined.

2. I immediately called my bank they said that my card is completely fine and that they didn't declined any payments.

3. Immediately I gave them my second card and they said that this card is declined as well so I immediately called my bank and they again said that my card is completely fine.

Did you experienced similar problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

Alloha wrote: »
    There was no communication problem. I tried to get to the bottom of that and I find out that my card was actually was not declined but they did not get some kind of number from their bank.

1. I was in Heartz Dublin Airport to collect booked i advance car and was said that my card is declined.

As i said, a communications issue, which you don't wish to accept.

Tetminal communicates with merchant processor which communicates with visa /mastercard which communicates with your card issuer. Sometimes errors in communication or even card settings happen.

One issue I've seen recently is bank of Ireland's new visa card - seems the issuing bank is not actually bank of Ireland, they act as an agent.

For a while it communicated that it was a foreign card but issued in euro. This led some security software to flag it as potential fraud and declined it. Issue was said to be resolved.

Same issue is currently affecting 3 money prepaid cards used online via realex anyway.

So as i said, probably a communication issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

There was obviously a communication problem. You actually stated it yourself. Something broke down between Hertz and the bank.

Thank you.

Did anyone else had this problem like this with them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Thank you.

Did anyone else had this problem like this with them?

It would appear not. But that is irrelevant if the cause was a comms issue. It has certainly happened elsewhere from time to time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭DublinBeaker

OP, this is the exact problem I am having at the moment. I rented a card with firefly last week on Spain and my cc was declined. They try and book a deposit of 1000 on the card.

Cos it was declined, I had to take out extra insurance with them which cost me 155euro.

While in Spain I got on to my cc company. They said they could see attempt bit transaction came in as invalid and that's why they declined it.

Have sent mails and rang and not letting this drop.

I booked the car through doyouspain website and took out their extra insurance. Don't know if firefly liked this.

And guess what, firefly are owned by hertz.

Advertisement