If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FM tuner

Options
  • 23-06-2016 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hi all in Richersounds.  I'm in the market for an FM tuner to connect up to my outdoor speakers for when the next two days of summer arrive. Any chance you guys would have something  open box or second hand lying around? Don't want to spend a fortune on it as it will obviously not be getting a lot of use with our climate.

Thanks,
    Chalky 

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

chalky024 wrote: »
    Hi all in Richersounds.  I'm in the market for an FM tuner to connect up to my outdoor speakers for when the next two days of summer arrive. Any chance you guys would have something  open box or second hand lying around? Don't want to spend a fortune on it as it will obviously not be getting a lot of use with our climate.

Thanks,
    Chalky 
    HI Chalky, thanks for the post.
    I take it you have an amplifier running the outdoor speakers at the minute

Normally I'd say there is the Tibo DAB420 - http://www.richersounds.ie/p-12686-dab420.aspx at £99/€149 but we're currently out of stock on these and may not get any for next couple of weeks.
    In theory you could use a Pure PocketDAB - http://www.richersounds.ie/p-201968-pocketdab-1500.aspx at £39.95/€49.99 with the right lead to give you radio.

Cheers
    Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭chalky024

Hi Brian,

I had an old receiver running the show but it stopped working recently. I was going to swap it for an amp I have lying around here, hence the need for the tuner. The PurePocket looks interesting but I don't think the signal around here would be strong enough. I had to connect the receiver to an external aerial to get decent reception. I might just wait until you get some of those Tibo units back in stock. Any cheap receivers lying around?

Cheers,
    Chalky

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

Hi Brian,

I had an old receiver running the show but it stopped working recently. I was going to swap it for an amp I have lying around here, hence the need for the tuner. The PurePocket looks interesting but I don't think the signal around here would be strong enough. I had to connect the receiver to an external aerial to get decent reception. I might just wait until you get some of those Tibo units back in stock. Any cheap receivers lying around?

Cheers,
    Chalky
    Again, nothing really in O/B or clearance worth mentioning. Entry level you're looking around £200 for a receiver tbh, and thats the pioneer SX20 Dab receiver, or the Yamaha RN301 with FM/AM and network streaming

We do have our display Tibo, which I could let you have at £90 plus £6.99 shipping if that is of interest to you?

Cheers
    Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭chalky024

Hi Brian,

Cheers,
    Chalky
    Again, nothing really in O/B or clearance worth mentioning. Entry level you're looking around £200 for a receiver tbh, and thats the pioneer SX20 Dab receiver, or the Yamaha RN301 with FM/AM and network streaming

We do have our display Tibo, which I could let you have at £90 plus £6.99 shipping if that is of interest to you?

Cheers
    Brian
    Cheers Brian. I might take you up on that offer but first a friend of mine is checking to see if he has an old tuner in his attic. (He's a hoarder like me) Was your price for the demo unit pounds or euros?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Brian,

Cheers,
    Chalky

Cheers
    Brian
    Cheers Brian. I might take you up on that offer but first a friend of mine is checking to see if he has an old tuner in his attic. (He's a hoarder like me) Was your price for the demo unit pounds or euros?
    Hi Chalky024.

No problem at all.

Let us know if he finds it for you or not.

The price Brian had quoted above was in Sterling, knocking a £10 off the retail for the display unit.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.