Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New card not activated in time

Options
  • 23-06-2016 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi,

My current credit card is expiring this month. A new card was sent to me in the post to my parents address. I was only home recently and by then the two weeks had passed in which I was meant to activate the card. I tried ringing the number on the letter but couldn't get through. Could you tell me how another card can be sent out to me? 
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Afternoon, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie. 

I can confirm that there is no time limit on activation of a Credit Card. Also, generally you do not need to activate this card type unless specifically requested to call 0818 251 251 upon receipt of the card. 

If you're query relates to a Visa Debit card, we would always advise customers to activate the card at an ATM within 14 days however, you can certainly activate this after this time frame. All you'll need to do is make a cash withdrawal at any ATM or a balance enquiry at a BOI ATM. 

I hope this helps and if you need anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 39 DaMorganator

Good Afternoon, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie. 

I can confirm that there is no time limit on activation of a Credit Card. Also, generally you do not need to activate this card type unless specifically requested to call 0818 251 251 upon receipt of the card. 

If you're query relates to a Visa Debit card, we would always advise customers to activate the card at an ATM within 14 days however, you can certainly activate this after this time frame. All you'll need to do is make a cash withdrawal at any ATM or a balance enquiry at a BOI ATM. 

I hope this helps and if you need anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Elaine 
    Ok thanks for that Elaine. I had just assumed the card had been cancelled after the 14 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭glut22

Can a debit card be activated six months later?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi glut22

Thanks for joining the thread.

A new card will need to be posted for you. 

You can certainly order a replacement card by logging in www.365online.com select Service Desk/ Ask a Question and an Advisor be happy to arrange this for you.

If you prefer to call it's 0818 365 365 / 00353 140 44000.  

We hope the information helps any further questions feel free to check back with us.

Many thanks
    Alison

Advertisement