Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for a black lab

• 23-06-2016 4:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine has recently moved back to Ireland from South Africa. She wants to adopt a black Labrador retriever but has had no luck so far. She's contacted a few people locally but when she went to visit the dogs she wasn't impressed with the conditions they were being kept in.

Unfortunately, I've no experience with dogs so I can't help. Can anyone here point me in the right direction as to where she should be looking?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭pawrick

Depending on where abouts you are your local spca if not already contacted may have some in need of rehoming / currently being fostered out. No harm giving them a call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

glued wrote: »
    A friend of mine has recently moved back to Ireland from South Africa. She wants to adopt a black Labrador retriever but has had no luck so far. She's contacted a few people locally but when she went to visit the dogs she wasn't impressed with the conditions they were being kept in.

Unfortunately, I've no experience with dogs so I can't help. Can anyone here point me in the right direction as to where she should be looking?

Thanks in advance.

http://www.ikc.ie/dog-ownership/breed-and-society-contacts/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Is it a pup your friend is looking for, or a rescued adult or young adult dog?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

DBB wrote: »
    Is it a pup your friend is looking for, or a rescued adult or young adult dog?

I don't think she really minds. She contacted a local kennel that passed her onto a couple of people but she was appalled by the conditions the dogs were being kept in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Springwell

Try searching for a gundog specific rescue in Ireland that maybe do rescue and rehoming? ;) (We're not allowed to name specific rescues here)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

OP, what area is she in?

If shes appalled by the conditions the dogs were being kept in, all the more reason to rescue one?!?!? Most of the rescues are run on donations and contributions, so do the best they can.

Does it have to be a pure breed black lab?? or would she consider a black lab x?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭jonnybravo

There's a facebook group that posts Labradors that are available in pounds or rescues (called "Irish Labradors for Adoption"). If you search them you will find black labs being posted every few weeks.

I have two black labs myself - great dogs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

This thread is confusing :confused: ... Is she looking to rescue or buy? Were the bad conditions with breeders or rescues?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Ms Doubtfire1

a black lab? jayses there's thousands in the pounds...found one first search

Advertisement