Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Energia won't let me submit meter reading:-(

Options
  • 23-06-2016 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

We moved from electric Ireland 2 months ago to energia. They won't let me submit my meter reading, they did sent a reminder email today but when I login it says meter reading submitting window closed & only available on selected dates!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

It is possibly too near the billing date for customer readings. If so, then that is reasonable

• Registered Users Posts: 69,033 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You can submit readings to ESB Networks at any time. There is no guarantee they'll adjust the bill on that reading, however they should change estimates for the next bill.

https://esbnetworks.ie/existing-connection/meters-readings/submit-a-meter-reading

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Maybe they got a reading from the meter reader already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I complained about this to Energia and they basically said tough?!

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Birdsong

OP I have experienced this in the past, the window to give the meter readings are ridiculously short. Electric Ireland is 3 days of memory serves me right

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I tried to submit mine within minutes of the email.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,225 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

That happened to me once and the explanation I got was that the network submitted a meter reading which has priority over any manual entry, so in effect the bill was issued within minutes of them getting the network meter reading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

That happened to me once and the explanation I got was that the network submitted a meter reading which has priority over any manual entry, so in effect the bill was issued within minutes of them getting the network meter reading.

That's what happened to me too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Happens to me a couple of times a year, just means your Meter has already been read & reading submitted, your bill will be accurate, I switch service provider regularly & I find energia pretty good with this end of things

• Registered Users Posts: 12,519 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Happened to me too. Seems like their email generation doesn't distinguish between estimated readings and network read readings

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭2RockMountain

It's a pain that they don't synchronise the gas and electricity readings. If I'm going to go to the bother of finding the key to the meter boxes, I was to wrap up t the two of them at the same time, and not be running out again a few days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,033 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The gas and electricity network operations are not combined at all; despite the retail arm and former retail arm (Bord Gais Energy not being owned by Ervia) of both selling both products.

Advertisement