Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting PCs (Gaming Spec)

Options
  • 23-06-2016 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭

Yes very broad term "Gaming Spec" which will undoubtedly raise the question "what games" but well since I'm having trouble finding anything close to decent GFX card wise from google regarding rental services in Ireland I'm looking for help :)

I'm organising a charity event for work a gaming marathon and after trawling around a few companies have either not returned my multiple voicemails or they don't provide anything remotely powerful.

Looking at Games like Rocket League, CS:GO, Latest Unreal Tournament

UT is probably the higher range option
    Operating System
    Windows 7/8 64-bit
    Processor Quad-core Intel or AMD, 2.5 GHz or faster
    Memory 8 GB RAM
    Video Card/DirectX Version DirectX 11 compatible graphics card

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Why not check if you hire an internet cafe instead? I imagine their pcs might even be pre-installed with various popular games if they host lan parties or the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

R0ot wrote: »
    Yes very broad term "Gaming Spec" which will undoubtedly raise the question "what games" but well since I'm having trouble finding anything close to decent GFX card wise from google regarding rental services in Ireland I'm looking for help :)

I'm organising a charity event for work a gaming marathon and after trawling around a few companies have either not returned my multiple voicemails or they don't provide anything remotely powerful.

Looking at Games like Rocket League, CS:GO, Latest Unreal Tournament

UT is probably the higher range option
    Operating System
    Windows 7/8 64-bit
    Processor Quad-core Intel or AMD, 2.5 GHz or faster
    Memory 8 GB RAM
    Video Card/DirectX Version DirectX 11 compatible graphics card
    How many do you need? Do you need monitors and everything?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Why not check if you hire an internet cafe instead? I imagine their pcs might even be pre-installed with various popular games if they host lan parties or the like.

Has to be on site in the office for this particular event but good idea for the next so appreciate that point.
    Lu Tze wrote: »
    How many do you need? Do you need monitors and everything?

Estimated at 10 but that could rise, if they were gaming Laptops that would make things easier but peripheral wise we have that sorted it's purely the machines.

Advertisement