Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rush Aldi

Options
  • 23-06-2016 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

I haven't heard a word in a long time about the proposed Aldi for Rush. Anyone know what's the story?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

imokyrok wrote: »
    I haven't heard a word in a long time about the proposed Aldi for Rush. Anyone know what's the story?

All very quiet on this at moment. Hopefully the council will flatten the houses along there anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭imokyrok

LeoB wrote: »
    All very quiet on this at moment. Hopefully the council will flatten the houses along there anyway.

Shame nothing is happening. All the small business owners on the main street I've spoken to were really hoping it would bring more activity to the area. We never seem to catch a break in Rush.

imokyrok wrote: »
    Shame nothing is happening. All the small business owners on the main street I've spoken to were really hoping it would bring more activity to the area. We never seem to catch a break in Rush.

Fingal C.C could be more proactive and pull down the eyesores along the street. The tidy towns have done a lot of good work and then you have these randown buildings. The people should be made develop them or fine them.

The proposed development would give the village a focal point and be a boost the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭dslamjack

I thought that FCC should have parked permission or at least insisted on a proviso that the Rush site would be developed before or after the Aldi site in Swords was built.
    The least they could do is to enact the derelict site's act or enact partial demolishion of the old houses on health and safety grounds.

Agree. Any good work being done around the town is undone to passers by when they pass these sites on Main St.

Fingal probably getting more fees for the site in Swords;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭dslamjack

I heard on the grapevine over the weekend that Aldi have withdrawn all interest in the Rush main st development,citing the location of the protected and listed building to the front of the development as being one of the main reasons.
    They are believed to have registered an interest in becoming the anchor store supermarket tenants in the new Lusk village development ,currently being dealt with by the F.C.C planning and who are seeking a number of re submission's from the developer's on a number of concern's they have raised.
    While the word I heard cannot be taken as gospel,I would say it could very well be true,just to let you know what I heard anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭mickmmc

Planning permission was granted to a developer for a retail convenience store in Turvey Walk/Ave Donabate in February '16 (FA15A/181).

The turning circle of an Aldi truck and trailer is discussed in one of the attached documents.

Advertisement