Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Underpaid

Options
  • 23-06-2016 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I got my payslip today and I thought it looked a little low so I added it all up and I realised i'm only being paid €7 something an hour when I'm supposed to be paid €9 an hour! Then I looked back on most of my payslips and in all of them I was only paid €6/7 something an hour. Where I work its all young people so hardly anyone gets paid the proper minimum wage, I only recently turned 20 and have just over a uyears work experience so I'm not entitled to the €9.15 an hour myself. Anyways, seeing as I'm not qualified to get the proper minimum wage, can they still pay me lower than €9 an hour even though in my contract it says I should be paid €9 an hour? And will I get back what I worked or is it my problem that I wasn't keeping an eye on my payslips?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

If ur contract says €9 then that's what u should be paid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭xkariex

Did you calculate how much you're getting before tax was deducted or after?

If before, then speak to your manager/payroll

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Are you sure you're not paying emergency tax?

Advertisement