Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jon Bon Jovi - The Academy, July 22nd $1,495 per ticket

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

scudzilla wrote: »
    Still at a loss for words on this one, 1,200Euro per ticket....and it's sold out!!!

http://www.runawaytours.com/store/index.php?l=product_detail&p=32

Think a lot of people are at a loss but it's a full trip package with really nice hotels and if it was Dave Gilmour or a Prince/Bowie type offering the same package no one would bat an eye lid

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Think a lot of people are at a loss but it's a full trip package with really nice hotels and if it was Dave Gilmour or a Prince/Bowie type offering the same package no one would bat an eye lid

Read the link properly...

This Package Is For 1 Person And Does NOT Include Hotel Accommodations Or Transportation To Our Welcome Party Or MAIN Event

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭milehip

Ah what the actual ****? The academy in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I think it's to be filmed, one of those Storyteller yokes and whatnot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

scudzilla wrote: »
    Read the link properly...

This Package Is For 1 Person And Does NOT Include Hotel Accommodations Or Transportation To Our Welcome Party Or MAIN Event

**** me that's pricey, still think that if some one non Bon jovi was doing a gig in that size of venue that no one would bay an eye lid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

**** me that's pricey, still think that if some one non Bon jovi was doing a gig in that size of venue that no one would bay an eye lid

Nope, if anybody did a gig at The Academy and charged over 1,200Euro for a ticket i'd be thinking the exact same

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

If fcukin Elvis announced his comeback, comeback gig in the Academy for €1200 a ticket I'd be appalled.

Fools and their money .....................

• Registered Users Posts: 9,797 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Yes, that price is ****ing ridiculous, but this gig was never for us working class slobs, it's specifically aimed at rich Americans who don't want holidays as much as they want experiences and are willing to pay for it. No point getting worked up over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,415 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Yes, that price is ****ing ridiculous, but this gig was never for us working class slobs, it's specifically aimed at rich Americans who don't want holidays as much as they want experiences and are willing to pay for it. No point getting worked up over it.

Jon himself laughing all the way to the bank. All he has to do is fly in do a show and a few meet and greets and back home again

It would be quite a good show ID say but not aimed at domestic fans

I'll wait for the Bon Jovi reunion tour to see them again

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Only if you could get 1979 AC/DC, 1973 Black Sabbath and Jimi Hendrix together for a triple headliner, would I consider paying such a crazy price for a concert.

• Advertisement
Advertisement