Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need assistance

Options
  • 23-06-2016 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

You might be able to help me out with my queries.

My wife is searching for a part-time course (class based) in Dublin. She has done Bachelors in Computer Application in India in 2010.

I suggested her to do Cloud Computing course because, it looks like it is in demand. Also, I am under the impression it is easy to get a job in this field. Could you please let me know is it worth it? If it is then what college/institute you recommend?

If the above course is not worth it then you guys might suggest alternative course(s). I might add she is not a book worm. So basically she likes to do a course which will not put her under too much pressure.

Your opinions will be much appreciated.

My apologies if I have posted in the wrong forum.

Thanks in advance,
    Sunny.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bpmurray

So much missing information! Do you mean she wants to do a Masters? Where are you located? For example, DCU do part-time taught masters in computing in a number of areas - see http://www.computing.dcu.ie/postgraduate/mcm/course-structure. They are in Cloud, Data Analytics, Security and Software Engineering - certainly any of the first three are in huge demand, although be warned that the Security stuff includes some seriously difficult maths.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

bpmurray wrote: »
    So much missing information! Do you mean she wants to do a Masters? Where are you located? For example, DCU do part-time taught masters in computing in a number of areas - see http://www.computing.dcu.ie/postgraduate/mcm/course-structure. They are in Cloud, Data Analytics, Security and Software Engineering - certainly any of the first three are in huge demand, although be warned that the Security stuff includes some seriously difficult maths.

Sorry for the lack of information, bpmurphy.

She likes to do a part-time post-graduate diploma in the IT field. She is not 100% convinced that she can do the Masters as she did not learn anything about programming. She will have to start from the scratch.

What do you think about Java course in Dorset college? Somebody suggested me Code institute as well for boot camp course in web development. The price for the course is circa €6,000 and but, they have mentioned around 70% or more of their graduates get the job straightaway. Is it worth it?

We live near to James hospital in Dublin 8.

Thanks again.

Advertisement