Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interlude RHA Gallery

Options
  • 23-06-2016 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭

Heading to this on Saturday, can't wait and savage lineup . Anyone been to it before ? venue looks like a really cool spot .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Have been in the gallery many a time. Line up didn't do it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Line up is excellent. Would like to go one of the nights but still not sure if I'll be there. Did I imagine it or were Sugarhill Gang on the original line up? Maybe I'm getting mixed up and it was Grandmaster Flash all along.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Line up is excellent. Would like to go one of the nights but still not sure if I'll be there. Did I imagine it or were Sugarhill Gang on the original line up? Maybe I'm getting mixed up and it was Grandmaster Flash all along.

Yep they were on the first announcement but had to cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Clusterfcuk here tonight. Fire officer only allowing 750 people in even though they had ticket sales of 2 thousand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Clusterfcuk here tonight. Fire officer only allowing 750 people in even though they had ticket sales of 2 thousand.

Ouch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

threein99 wrote: »
    Ouch

I was queueing outside for a while. Eventually left after giving details for a refund. May call back tomorrow if they resolve the fire officers issues.
    Feel sorry for the organisers in a way as they will lose their arse over this.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

Just reading there Twitter page there, seems to be all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Extraplus

We headed round about 11.30 last night and they seemed to have sorted the capacity /queueing issues. Nice set up, but a bit of a strange vibe after all the hassle earlier.

Still, hopefully it should be back on track today.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Friday was a bit crazy alright. Queues were awful. A lot left after Lisa Hannigan anyway.
    Original Fire Officer gave them a green light for the numbers then another Fire Officer changed that on Wednesday.
    Sat and Sun went pretty well with none of the crowding issues from Friday. A lot to do with people just not coming back after Friday I'd say

Grandmaster Flash was terrible but people seemed to like him anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭St. Lupulin

New Jackson is the best thing in Irish music today.

What a waste getting David Kitt down to do a lame disco DJ set.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

Went on sat got in at 9, no hassle. Thought the venue and setup was really cool. Hopefully they learned from there mistakes and Interlude will be back again next year.

I don't know about next year. The reduction in numbers and refunds that have to be given might mean it'll make a loss and the promoters won't want to do it again next year. The cost for the extra fire marshals that had to be added was €8k alone.

Not being able to bring drink to the outside stage also stopped a lot of people going out there for some of the earlier bands.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Not a chance that festival made a profit, which is a shame because it was quite a slick setup but there were more staff at some stages than people and moving around was just extremely awkward.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Whats the story with refunds, how do I go about getting one?

Whats the story with refunds, how do I go about getting one?

Why do you think you deserve a refund?

Effects wrote: »
    Why do you think you deserve a refund?
    Because it was a fúcking ****show from start to finish

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kevthecelt

email hello@interludefestival.com. Apparently Ticketmaster will be sorting out refunds over the coming days. We attended Friday and left after 20 minutes of getting inside. Didn't go back for the rest of the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Yeah but if you stayed till the finish rather than demanding your refund within a reasonable time from entering then should you really expect a refund?

Yeah but if you stayed till the finish rather than demanding your refund within a reasonable time from entering then should you really expect a refund?
    Yes, already being processed by Ticketmaster

Sounds like you weren't there for much of it so. It ran fine on Sat and Sun apart from a few delays. Scanning in and out was a bit of a pain but no more so than the queues at the likes of any music festival.

• Advertisement

Sounds like you weren't there for much of it so. It ran fine on Sat and Sun apart from a few delays. Scanning in and out was a bit of a pain but no more so than the queues at the likes of any music festival.
    I arrived on the Friday, in plenty of time to see Lisa Hannigan, only to be told that the venue was full.
    Venue was overly busy compared to previous year. Seemed to be well oversold.
    Wristband for payments, completely over-complicating things unnecessarily and staff didn’t know how the system worked.
    Both Saturday and Sunday I came down early as it was due to start around 2pm, but it didn’t open til 4:30.

The only reason it wasnt as bad Sat and Sun is because most people didnt return after the shambles that was Friday

The issue was with the Fire Officer restrictions mainly. There was plenty of room for Lisa Hannigan but people just weren't allowed in to the room where she was playing. I wasn't able to collect my tickets when I arrived on Friday. I had to sneak past the bouncer on the main door and then blag my way up the stairs to get in to see her.

I've heard she's putting on a separate Dublin gig now as she's not happy about what happened on Friday.
    That said, there were a lot of people talking through her set so obviously they didn't really care about seeing her play anyway.

The issue was with the Fire Officer restrictions mainly. There was plenty of room for Lisa Hannigan but people just weren't allowed in to the room where she was playing. I wasn't able to collect my tickets when I arrived on Friday. I had to sneak past the bouncer on the main door and then blag my way up the stairs to get in to see her.

I've heard she's putting on a separate Dublin gig now as she's not happy about what happened on Friday.
    That said, there were a lot of people talking through her set so obviously they didn't really care about seeing her play anyway.

That is the unfortunate reality these days. Event junkies. It will be awful at Iveagh Gardens, mark my words.

Yeah, I remember being there for Little Green Cars last year or possibly the year before.
    I couldn't believe how loud people were. There to drink and chat but not to see the music.

Yeah, I remember being there for Little Green Cars last year or possibly the year before.
    I couldn't believe how loud people were. There to drink and chat but not to see the music.

St. Vincent for me. After work crowd.

Advertisement