Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike rental in Bormio

Options
  • 23-06-2016 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of good bike rental shops in Bormio and possibly some decent and cheapish accommodation. I emailed 3 places about bike rental yesterday and have no reply from any of them yet.

Two of them are the most common ones that popped up on Google and hotel fumiva was the other but it looks like they only rent dogma f8s and they ain't cheap.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Can wholeheatedly recommend these guys:
    Bormio Ski & Bike - Bike Rental
    Via Stelvio, 19 Tel: +39 0342 911142

They were grand to deal in an 'Italian' sort of way :) ie, they wont fuss you with correspondence, but it will be done.

Just book your bike for the dates required here:
    http://www.bormioskibike.com/en_booking-hire-bike-Bormio-Terme.aspx

and it will be ready when you arrive.

I had a lovely Colnago from them for a day on the Stelvio :cool:

I stayed here http://www.baitadeipini.com/en/ for a few nights and they were great too - secure bike room in basement, friendly, good food, great rooms great views etc etc. You'll have a ball - be prepared for never wanting to leave Bormio.......

I'd go back in heartbeat - I will go back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Thank you BlaaMan.

I had a reply from that company this morning so 2 days after i sent the email but at least they got back to me. He did say high end Trek and Colnago bikes and quoted me 155 for 5 days which is not much more than the Ryanair price for bike transport. He also said they don't provide bike insurance for crashes or damage so i'm wondering do you or anyone else have any info regarding that. I don't want to be left with a hefty bill incase of any issues.

And thanks for the hotel recommendation. I have a look at it.

Thank you BlaaMan.

I had a reply from that company this morning so 2 days after i sent the email but at least they got back to me. He did say high end Trek and Colnago bikes and quoted me 155 for 5 days which is not much more than the Ryanair price for bike transport. He also said they don't provide bike insurance for crashes or damage so i'm wondering do you or anyone else have any info regarding that. I don't want to be left with a hefty bill incase of any issues.

And thanks for the hotel recommendation. I have a look at it.

There is a point at which multi-day rental is going to be uneconomic compared to bring your own bike - 3-4 days IMO....

As for the other point .... TBH, I didn't concern myself too much about that - would travel insurance cover that ? some policies, such as those from Multitrip.ie offer add-ons for activity sports - perhaps that would be sufficient, but with all these poilicies there is likely to be a hefty enough excess on any policy...Dont crash - simple!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Ill try my best not to crash.
    I'm happy with that price for the bike rental for 5 days. Save me the hassle of lugging my bike around and ill be able to rent a smaller car from Milan to Bormio. Also no need for me to leave my car in Dublin Airport when i can just get the bus.

Ill try my best not to crash.
    I'm happy with that price for the bike rental for 5 days. Save me the hassle of lugging my bike around and ill be able to rent a smaller car from Milan to Bormio. Also no need for me to leave my car in Dublin Airport when i can just get the bus.

Sounds like you are sorted.

You will enjoy it.....:cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement