Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeless guy - pink suitcase

Options
  • 23-06-2016 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Hey,

Odd thread I know, but there's an older guy who walks around the city with a Galway bag and a pink suitcase, does anyone know his story?

I've only noticed him the last month or two, he spends a lot of time in salthill, doesn't look like he drinks at all, is always on his own and just sits on the benches with his bags. It's a sad sight.

Does anybody know about him, and, is there a place in the city these lads can go for a bed?

Thanks,

P

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

pudgeydev wrote: »
    Hey,

Odd thread I know, but there's an older guy who walks around the city with a Galway bag and a pink suitcase, does anyone know his story?

I've only noticed him the last month or two, he spends a lot of time in salthill, doesn't look like he drinks at all, is always on his own and just sits on the benches with his bags. It's a sad sight.

Does anybody know about him, and, is there a place in the city these lads can go for a bed?

Thanks,

P

Not being smart, but maybe talk to him yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

There is fairgreen hostel at the train station. Most hostels are dangerous places though and are a last resort for homeless people. The streets are safer, hostels are good for a shower and a meal or if the weather is bad.

Never seen that guy myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,952 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

This ain't Dublin. The Fairgreen hostel is safe enough.

Cope and Simon also have other properties that are used by people who are closer to independent living - though of course they're affected by people not moving on because the rental market is so damn tight at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭pudgeydev

Your Face wrote: »
    Not being smart, but maybe talk to him yourself.

Because my mother taught me not to talk to strangers...

I usually see him when I'm driving but I'd see him almost daily. I've passed him once or twice and would have spoken with him if there was any sort of eye contact or openness - but any time I've passed he's had the eyes down or away.

So do you know him?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You'll just have to approach him yourself.

The reason I am locking this is that he is not a public figure and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't want his life story posted on a public forum.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement