Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win 7 to Win 10 upgreade

Options
  • 24-06-2016 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

Hello there,

Can anyone tell me if the upgrade to win 10 is still available and how I go about getting it?

Anybody on Windows 10? Any issues?

Thanks
    T

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

Read this

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭anon71

davo2001 wrote: »
    Read this

No link there when I click. Sorry for hijacking and go easy on me cos I'm no expert. My husband downloaded Windows 10 from Microsoft. The conputer worked fine for ages but now is asking for login username and password and has now locked us out.

Any ideas on this??

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

What is the error message you are receiving? By default Windows 8 onwards will use your Outlook.com/Hotmail.com password and request it each time the system is started or windows is locked.

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭anon71

yoyo wrote: »
    What is the error message you are receiving? By default Windows 8 onwards will use your Outlook.com/Hotmail.com password and request it each time the system is started or windows is locked.

Nick

It's not an error message. The login page came up and my husband entered his hotmail details. Said the password was wrong so he reset it and it still won't let him in. I tried my hotmail details and it says it doesn't recognise my account. I've asked my nephew to have a look when he gets a chance.

Frustrating using phones and tablets for everything.

I'll probably end up bringing it to someone. Was hoping to avoid the cost😣

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

anon71 wrote: »
    It's not an error message. The login page came up and my husband entered his hotmail details. Said the password was wrong so he reset it and it still won't let him in. I tried my hotmail details and it says it doesn't recognise my account. I've asked my nephew to have a look when he gets a chance.

Frustrating using phones and tablets for everything.

I'll probably end up bringing it to someone. Was hoping to avoid the cost😣

Is the computer connected to the internet? The changed password should have synched down. If you didn't have an account on the computer, then your hotmail account won't work.

I presume your husband did this:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12429/microsoft-account-sign-in-cant
    If his account is now locked out, then try this:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13956

There is also a lenghty discussion here about somebody who seems to have the same problem. I'd a few pinties earlier ;) so don't have the concentration to go through it all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement