Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Because it's Friday

Options
  • 24-06-2016 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭

A Friday thread for everyone,

I was looking through the briefing I got at Outlaw and I remembered something we were told at the briefing the day before the race, if you were wearing a 2 piece Tri suit, you couldn't have any skin showing between the top and bottoms. No turning your tri top into a sort of man bra so. The other thing was that if your suit have a front zip you were not allowed open the zip, it had to remain closed. No problems with back zips, you could have them open to your arse if you wanted. These are apparently new British Triathlon association (or union, I can't remember) rules and are from ITU rules. Does this mean we will see this being brought in in Irish races soon? Anyone done any races this year and heard this said by race referees?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

I hope not. I much prefer front zips to back zips and like being able to open it op on the run. Nothing obserd and not showing nipples which I believe to be the main concern?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Not allowed open the zip at all?

I do actually think (Could be wrong) there is a rule about how far you can un-zip the front, not beyond where the HR strap would sit anyway, maybe a bit higher.

What about a builders arse showing when you're on the bike?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Surely there must also be a ruling on "threadcount" should you need to replace your gear after so many seasons. We've all been behind that person who goes one to many seasons and leaves nothing to the imagination from behind?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

Nope, no zip open at all, they said if it looked like it moved down rather than being pulled down you would get a warning but no opening the front zip. Thought it was strange alright. Was a warm day and didn't see anyone with their zip open.

No rules at all on having back zips open, might be one about the length of the zip but they just said people with zips on the back could have them open.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Read the ITU rules, been like that for years. ITU legal trisuits only have rear zips.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭iAcesHigh

I always open front zip a bit but close it when coming to finish line since I'm mostly warned it's not allowed to be open at all. Same happened at Tri An Mhi when somebody 1 km before the finish told me to zip-up to not get DSQ... Don't make much sense since I never open it too much, just want bit more breathing space :)

Advertisement