Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unblock.us Smart VPN - Question on VPN

Options
  • 24-06-2016 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Recently I'm tried to set up the Smart VPN on my Mac by following these instructions online but I'm not sure if it's working correctly? Should it change my IP Address or not? Because at the moment it isn't. It's connects to the VPN alright, but my IP address is still the same. I was under the impression this would change my IP address and allow me to access content when i'm travelling for example in China etc?

Many thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

Yes it should change your WAN IP as seen from the internet. (not your internal LAN IP though).

You can check on whatsmyip.org

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Bubba

davo2001 wrote: »
    Yes it should change your WAN IP as seen from the internet. (not your internal LAN IP though).

You can check on whatsmyip.org
    thanks for reply Davo.

yeah that's what I mean, i've checked the WAN IP and it hasn't changed. I've double and triple checked all the settings but it still doesn't seem to work.

Anyone have any ideas or use the VPN?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Unblock US is a DNS proxy service, not a VPN service unless something has changed. And I'm pretty sure that netflix has cracked down on that.

Advertisement