Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct Debit not presented for car loan

Options
  • 24-06-2016 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

DD was due to come out 17/06 and still not presented - can i please get an explanation ? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

DD was due to come out 17/06 and still not presented - can i please get an explanation ? 
    Hi Gunslinger99, 

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

A direct debit will not be paid when there are insufficient funds for the full amount of the direct debit payment. When there is an unpaid direct debit on your account you are also charged an unpaid fee of €12.70. 
    We'd be unable to clarify here on Boards why this may not have been paid in this instance. So we would recommend that you send your query when logged into 365 Online for a representative to investigate this payment for you. Please send your query through the Online Service Desk and select the Ask a Question option. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Gunslinger99

Hi Gunslinger99, 

A direct debit will not be paid when there are insufficient funds for the full amount of the direct debit payment. When there is an unpaid direct debit on your account you are also charged an unpaid fee of €12.70. 
    We'd be unable to clarify here on Boards why this may not have been paid in this instance. So we would recommend that you send your query when logged into 365 Online for a representative to investigate this payment for you. Please send your query through the Online Service Desk and select the Ask a Question option. 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Hi Sarah, 

I got somebody on the phone who explained there was an IT issues between BOI and Ulster Bank, where my account is held. 
    I'm told that the DD will be processed in the coming days. What happens if by chance another DD falls in the meantime and the full amount is not there for this DD ?  I would not consider this as being my fault, have a right to claim back any charges ? 

Many thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi Gunslinger99, 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Hi Sarah, 

I got somebody on the phone who explained there was an IT issues between BOI and Ulster Bank, where my account is held. 
    I'm told that the DD will be processed in the coming days. What happens if by chance another DD falls in the meantime and the full amount is not there for this DD ?  I would not consider this as being my fault, have a right to claim back any charges ? 

Many thanks
    Hi, 

Thanks for your reply. 

Sorry we're a little unsure here, can you clarify if your Current account is held with BOI or Ulster Bank?

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement