Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to watch Ireland v France

Options
  • 24-06-2016 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭

So folks
    Where do think will be the best place to watch the Ireland v France game in Dublin City on Sunday ,
    Any big screens or good pubs to watch it in

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

They're setting up a fan base with big screens showing the match in Smithfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

So that's the worst place established so.... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

ye I seen that but its an alcohol free zone so I won't be going there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭VisibleGorilla

The fanzone is for families with children...

It's an alcohol free event.. no thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭munster87

Living Room but would need to be there early

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Croke park will have it on the big screen. But you will probably have to stay for the actual GAA match too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

I reckon either on a big screen/tv or go to the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 spintheglobe

I really like the Trinity Sports Bar - but I think I will try a few other places for this match as the post has great ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Smithfield will have a big screen to show it but if you want in a bar try Living room on Cathal Brugha street.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

O'sheas in clonskeagh have a big screen out in the car park. Not in the city as such but it looked like a great atmosphere for the Italy match.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I've moved this thread from AH to the Dublin City forum as there will be a better responce here.

Please pay attention to the Charter of this forum if you are following this thread from After Hours.

But yeah, Smithfied.

COYBIG

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ferdo

Can it be seen at the airport?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ferdo

Can it be seen at the airport, pre-security, please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

They should of set up 2 fanzones. One with alcohol and one without.

While I agree its great to have one for families and children, it's not fare, to not have one with alcohol as the majority of people wan't to watch the match, while having a few beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,612 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

While I agree its great to have one for families and children, it's not fare, to not have one with alcohol as the majority of people wan't to watch the match, while having a few beers.

Not fair?

There are plenty of pubs to watch the match in and have a few beers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Not fair?

I was in a Fanzone in Bordeaux 2 weeks ago. The atmosphere in the place was incredible. They were selling beer/food and everybody had room to sit down and breath. The place was huge.

For a match, especially a round of 16 with Ireland in it. You going to be stuck in a packed pub, and standing for a couple of hours, while waiting an age to get served.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,300 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I think its great they are having an alcohol free fanzone for the match. Do people not remember the disaster at georges dock 4 years ago? You could imagine the dregs knocking around smithfield if alcohol/cans were on sale.

Going to d two myself

• Registered Users Posts: 24,612 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I was in a Fanzone in Bordeaux 2 weeks ago. The atmosphere in the place was incredible. They were selling beer/food and everybody had room to sit down and breath. The place was huge.

For a match, especially a round of 16 with Ireland in it. You going to be stuck in a packed pub, and standing for a couple of hours, while waiting an age to get served.

Not really comparable though. Fanzone in a host city...

Anyway, if they did have a drinking fanzone in Dublin you'd likely be standing for a couple of hours with long queues for the bar anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Not fair?

No, not fare.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Ended up in D2 , was a great spot for the game

• Advertisement
Advertisement