Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal loan

Options
  • 24-06-2016 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi 

I am interested to take out a small loan and want to clarify something. 

Say for example I want to take out a small 3k loan (12m period) to further my career with an additional course. I have already started the course and am making weekly payments to the college, would this matter? Or do I have to receive the loan first and then register for the course? 

Secondly, if said course is 1.5k, would I be allowed to take out 3k? I want to use the additional loan for books and some other personal expenses (not course related). When I complete the loan, I want to select that it's for Educational purposes but as mentioned before, not all of it will be used for that, is this legal? 

Hope I explained myself well enough :) 

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Bubu1991 wrote: »
    Hi 

I am interested to take out a small loan and want to clarify something. 

Say for example I want to take out a small 3k loan (12m period) to further my career with an additional course. I have already started the course and am making weekly payments to the college, would this matter? Or do I have to receive the loan first and then register for the course? 

Secondly, if said course is 1.5k, would I be allowed to take out 3k? I want to use the additional loan for books and some other personal expenses (not course related). When I complete the loan, I want to select that it's for Educational purposes but as mentioned before, not all of it will be used for that, is this legal? 

Hope I explained myself well enough :) 

Thanks!
    Hi Bubu1991,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards. 

A number of factors are taken into account when applying for a loan and you can certainly apply for a loan for educational purposes. We'd be happy to arrange a call to you to discuss this further with one of our Lending advisors. Please send us a private message with your name and contact number if you'd like a call. You can send a private message to us by clicking on the link in my signature below (please have signatures set to display on your Boards settings). 

Thanks, 
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Bubu1991

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for the answer. I have already discussed with someone from BOI - I just wanted to clarify a few things, mainly if it's ok to use the loan for more than the main purpose stated in the application. Can you please clarify this for me here?

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Bubu1991 wrote: »
    Hi Sarah,

Thank you for the answer. I have already discussed with someone from BOI - I just wanted to clarify a few things, mainly if it's ok to use the loan for more than the main purpose stated in the application. Can you please clarify this for me here?

Thanks!
    Hi Bubu1991, 

Thanks for your reply. The loan would be approved for the purpose stated when you applied for the loan. 
    Please let us know if we can help with any other query. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement