Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

b-sides

Options
  • 24-06-2016 6:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭

My brother bought the Oasis single for D'You Know What I Mean and I loved the b side 'Angel Child'.

Also had the single for You're Gorgeous by Babybird and the third song was another version of the single called "Youre Gorgeous Too" which I thought was far better.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Always thought it was a sign of a great artist if their B-sides sound like they should have made it onto an album. Anyway, some of my favourites would be Mersey Paradise by the Stone Roses, Pearly by Radiohead and Wave Of Mutilation (UK Surf) by the Pixies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

The Cure have some amazing b-sides. The b-side of Lovesong:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Here are some B Sides that I am quite partial towards:

Physical (You're So) - Adam and the Ants (A Side is Dog Eat Dog)

Spanish Eyes - U2 (A Side is I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking for)

Living in Heaven - A Flock of Seagulls (A Side is Never Again (The Dancer))

I am the Walrus - The Beatles (A Side is Hello Goodbye)

Rain - The Beatles (A Side is Paperback Writer)

• Site Banned Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Second Toughest in_the Freshers

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Stay Young and Going Nowhere are two other nice b-sides from Oasis's Be Here Now sessions. Both should have featured on the album along with Angel Child. They wasted so many good songs over the years on b-sides.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

the masterplan ,acquiesce,half the world away.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

the masterplan ,acquiesce,half the world away.......

And Talk Tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭thesultan

Oasis had fabulous besides along with Ocean Colour Scene. Amazing their used to be 3 besides with singles back in the day. Well worth the value then

One of the greatest albums never released could have been made from b-sides and non LP singles by The Clash circa 78 to 79. The Prisoner, City of The Dead, Capital Radio, etc. I wouldn't say they were exactly "written off" as b-sides because vinyl singles were big sellers back in the day, but a lot of great tunes are forgotten or missed completely by fans who came a bit later.

I'm also partial to this...

Advertisement