Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are my pedals worn?

Options
  • 24-06-2016 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

How can i tell if my pedals are worn? I got them off my friend and was going to fit them to my own bike but when i try to fit the cleat onto the pedal it seems very loose. I dont want to go to the bother of taking the pedals off the bike to find these other ones dont work. They are "look" pedals and i have "look" cleats and they are compatible but seem very loose.
    Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,538 ✭✭✭✭ted1

ferry17 wrote: »
    How can i tell if my pedals are worn? I got them off my friend and was going to fit them to my own bike but when i try to fit the cleat onto the pedal it seems very loose. I dont want to go to the bother of taking the pedals off the bike to find these other ones dont work. They are "look" pedals and i have "look" cleats and they are compatible but seem very loose.
    Any advice?
    Might the cleats be worn ?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 ferry17

ted1 wrote: »
    Might the cleats be worn ?

The cleats are brand new so it's not them.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭snottybridge

The cleats are brand new so it's not them.

There should be an adjustment on the look pedals, small Allen Key needed for it, there's a +- mark on it, I think turning towards the + is to tighten.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Are they "loose" in they are very easy to clip out, or do they simply have a lot of play in them. If the latter there are different degrees of play with Look cleats depending on which cleats they are. What's the model and cleat colour?

There should be an adjustment on the look pedals, small Allen Key needed for it, there's a +- mark on it, I think turning towards the + is to tighten.

I've tried that alright. As tight as can be so I don't think that's my problem..

• Advertisement

Beasty wrote: »
    Are they "loose" in they are very easy to clip out, or do they simply have a lot of play in them. If the latter there are different degrees of play with Look cleats depending on which cleats they are. What's the model and cleat colour?

They are loose as in they don't stay in the pedal. The cleats are the 'keo Grip' grey in colour, I know that they have 4.5" play in them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Did you definitely get keo pedals, or where you given delta pedals where you'd not be able to clip in pretty much?

Weepsie wrote: »
    Did you definitely get keo pedals, or where you given delta pedals where you'd not be able to clip in pretty much?

They are "look" pedals. Don't know which version as they have nothing else written on them. Pity u can't paste pics onto these posts.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Pity u can't paste pics onto these posts.
    That was your 25th post - you should be able to post pictures now;)

Beasty wrote: »
    That was your 25th post - you should be able to post pictures now;)

Ha cheers.. this is my pedal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭cython

Ha cheers.. this is my pedal

That's a look delta, not keo

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭devonp

yeah they're def delta
    had them on my old beater

devonp wrote: »
    yeah they're def delta
    had them on my old beater

Problem solved. Wrong cleat. Thanks for the help people. Wasn't aware of delta and keo.
    Back to the shop I go.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Had the very same confusion myself two years ago!

Weepsie wrote: »
    Had the very same confusion myself two years ago!

Spent the whole evening messing around with them. Disaster. New cleats ordered anyway. 😉

Advertisement