Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battles. Galway & Belfast August 2016

Options
  • 24-06-2016 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭

A swift and welcome return for battles to Ireland next month
    Róisin Dubh Galway August 15. tickets via ticketmaster or roisindubh.net
    Black Box Belfast August 16. tickets £20
    https://blackboxbelfast.ticketsolve.com/shows/873557576/events

Always fantastic live and worth catching especially in intimate venues

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Seen them at Oxegen 2008 and they just blew me away (even though they had serious issues with their equipment) , Personally think they are def suited indoors/tents. Missed them at EP last year and FF few weeks ago but ill get to see them in August :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Saw them at Primavera and the Button Factory and they were brilliant both times. Also saw them at EP last year, FF 5 years ago and Oxegen back in the day. One of those bands who never get old.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

I'm going to Galway. Seems to be tickets still available which surprises me as it's such an intimate venue. I wonder is it because it's a Monday night gig?

I've seen them 4 times already and as noted above, they never get old!

Less than a week to the Galway gig! Who's going?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Saw them in Galway back in 2007, I think. Remember the heat in The Roisin being almost faint inducing. Looking forward to seeing them again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Is this tomorrow? The Roisin Dubh is around the corner from my house might check it out if theres tickets on the door.

MadYaker wrote: »
    Is this tomorrow? The Roisin Dubh is around the corner from my house might check it out if theres tickets on the door.

Tickets still available on TM

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Yeah and there's people trying to flog tickets on the Facebook events page too. Not a chance will this sell out. Monday is a bad night for a gig. Plus I just listened to their music for about half an hour on Spotify and it's weird as hell! Experimental rock has never really been my thing.

Battles are one of those bands that are better live than on record (though I still like them on record too). Their drummer John Stanier needs to be seen to be believed!

They are quite experimental, but I would say they are a "fun" experimental band. They never get toooo out there to the extent that it all becomes a load of noise - there's always a tune in there somewhere.

• Advertisement

Battles were amazing, as always!

Yup, Battles were on form tonight. It was hard to take your eyes off John Stanier, such energy - he was absolutely hammering those drums and that snare sound of his is just so snappy and satisfying.

Advertisement