Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine Broadband

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Brannaman

Hi duffer.......... I had something some thing similar to that but the lead-in was not so long. They go "Live for Presale" first which is where you seem to be at. They were LIVE, I thought when I signed up around end of July but when I asked the question I was told LIVE LIVE by end of August. I got connected last week and it was worth the wait.........I cannot post screenshots but my speeds are between 86Mb and 94Mb although there are variable to take into account which might have an impact but ...........hang in there

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭theduffer

Hi Brannaman,

Thanks for that, wasnt sure if it was the norm or not.. Anything has to be better than semi reliable 2 mb broadband that i have had forever!!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭bookmad

Hey all, for those who have it connected what is your speed like now?

Also how much control do you have over the likes of changing SSID & Password plus port forwarding for gaming?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭RMDrive

bookmad wrote: »
    Hey all, for those who have it connected what is your speed like now?

Also how much control do you have over the likes of changing SSID & Password plus port forwarding for gaming?

Still pretty good. Actually did a wired speed-test yesterday evening at 5.30pm (probably one of the busiest times) and was getting 40Mbps.

I get some issues where it just stops working for a minute here or there. That's a pain in the arse but I haven't reported it to them (sheer laziness).

Overall I'm happy.

I've no idea what your second sentence is about :confused::D

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭sillysu

What's coverage like around the Westport, Carrowholly area, does anyone know??? Who is the best provider or broadband? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭bookmad

RMDrive wrote: »
    Still pretty good. Actually did a wired speed-test yesterday evening at 5.30pm (probably one of the busiest times) and was getting 40Mbps.

I get some issues where it just stops working for a minute here or there. That's a pain in the arse but I haven't reported it to them (sheer laziness).

Overall I'm happy.

I've no idea what your second sentence is about :confused::D

The second part is the ability to change the name of the wireless network and password from the stock one provided..

Port Forwarding is required for Gaming.

I got that answer from them, that they have to do the Port Forwarding but can change the SSID stuff... But the 18 month contract is a stickler among other things at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Lukekul

Yeah I had to ring them to open ports for me

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Hennesm

Does anyone have any problems with the telephone line or is it just me ?
    Interference on the line and echoing , so much so that I get a better signal on my mobile ?
    Also what's everyone's speed like on wireless devices ? I have nothing that i can do a wired speed test , our speeds have reduced in the last three months .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

Hennesm wrote: »
    Does anyone have any problems with the telephone line or is it just me ?

Echoing is a common issue on the VOIP phone. I get it more on calls from the UK than local calls. Calls using Whatsapp are also pretty poor, with a timelag a lot of the time. I don't think that is speed related.

As far as speeds go from the Ballina mast, they have reduced but not as much as some sites, like Athlone, and not as much as I expected. I've been with Imagine since last July. I have just done a wireless test and got 50 meg up and 7 down. Usually get between 60 - 80 on a wired test. This drops to 25 - 40 at peak times.

Still a HUGE improvement on Eir. The entire village, (Bonniconlon), suffered a crash of the Eir network for several days last month and Eir's response was laughable. I can live with a poorish landline signal, I couldn't live with the Eir service.

TT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Anyone got this around Castlebar? I'm about 3 miles out the Westport Rd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

jenno86 wrote: »
    Anyone got this around Castlebar? I'm about 3 miles out the Westport Rd.

Who are you with at the minute?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

naughto wrote: »
    Who are you with at the minute?

Vodafone/Eircom and its terrible.

Advertisement