Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need extra money

Options
  • 24-06-2016 7:56pm
    Site Banned Posts: 20

Am a student and my part time work isn't paying all that plus my hours are limited. I need to earn some money extra. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dar100

What you studying

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭amos13

Ever thought of being an extra for movies and TV shows made here? Some decent money to be made. There's a few companies, movieextras.ie is the only one I can think of atm. But the likes of ripper street, Vikings, fair city etc are always looking for extras

• Site Banned Posts: 20 Gigiey

Am studying accounting and finance 2nd year

amos13 wrote: »
    Ever thought of being an extra for movies and TV shows made here? Some decent money to be made. There's a few companies, movieextras.ie is the only one I can think of atm. But the likes of ripper street, Vikings, fair city etc are always looking for extras

But they're not looking for extras all the time. But thank you.

dar100 wrote: »
    What you studying
    Am studying accounting and finance 2nd year.

• Advertisement

Gigiey wrote:
    But they're not looking for extras all the time. But thank you.

True, it's very ad-hoc. But you could put your name down nonetheless and accept/ reject jobs as they suit you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

Gigiey wrote: »
    Am studying accounting and finance 2nd year

Doesn't bode well that you can't think of how to get extra money.

Just kidding.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 227 ✭✭Dubs1990

Become a carer , work for an agency , do night shifts on the weekend you will make decent money doing this.

True, it's very ad-hoc. But you could put your name down nonetheless and accept/ reject jobs as they suit you.
    I'll sign up. I Appreciate

Gigiey wrote:

You could also give grinds when September rolls around again. I did a bit of this when I was studying a&f.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭CFlat

Cut grass?

You could also give grinds when September rolls around again. I did a bit of this when I was studying a&f.

Well that should help. Hope I find something next month though. Thank you😊

CFlat wrote: »
    Cut grass?
    Hahaha okay. .where?

Dubs1990 wrote: »
    Become a carer , work for an agency , do night shifts on the weekend you will make decent money doing this.

I've been dropping CVS all over..I would do that if I got a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Dubwat

http://www.herald.ie/news/irish-rail-to-hire-summer-staff-as-passenger-numbers-increase-34828032.html
    ..."To ensure our stations are resourced to assist customers, we are hiring 24 temporary customer service personnel for the Greater Dublin area, for stations in the city centre and busy tourism destinations," he said.

"It's the first time in almost a decade that we've been in a position to supplement resourcing in this way, and it's a great opportunity for those with a passion for customer service to work in a busy environment full of variety, and get excellent experience working with the public."

Applicants should send CVs to recruitment@irishrail.ie by June 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭CFlat

Hahaha okay. .where?

Gardens....

Dubwat wrote: »

That sounds interesting, I have a customer service experience aswel. Thank you so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

CFlat wrote: »
    Gardens....
    Very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,155 ✭✭✭screamer

You could do some bookeeping put up an ad for that service. If you're 2nd year you should be well able to do a set of accounts

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Dubs1990 wrote: »

Not a job you do just for the money! Plus course is 9 to 12 month FULL TIME. OP is hardly going to do it on top of his current studies,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

How about being a Mystery Shopper

Try catalystmarketresearch.ie and customerperceptions.ie

I did a bit of work for both these agencies when I was looking for steady employment.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Reactor

How about being a Mystery Shopper

Try catalystmarketresearch.ie and customerperceptions.ie

I did a bit of work for both these agencies when I was looking for steady employment.

What was the money/hours like?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Reactor wrote: »
    What was the money/hours like?

Not regular hours as such, just assignments. Fees varied from as low as 10 euro for an assignment up to 80 euro (depending on the company/shop where the mystery shop was carried out). Fee covered the assignment itself plus writing up online report afterwards.
    Normal procedure would be to register with the mystery shopping agency, then they would email people on their register with an assignment, you would apply to do the assignment and agency would decide if you were selected or not to do the assignment. If successful, you would be emailed details of the assignment and time frame within which to complete it and return your report. You would be paid on a monthly basis.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 311 ✭✭Silverbling

I've been dropping CVS all over..I would do that if I got a chance

This might not be an answer to you for a job in a workplace but a lot of online SME's are looking for bookeepers, content writers, social media posters etc

Most of them are only looking for 2-3 hours a week but if you got a few of them you could work from home in your own time and study too

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 227 ✭✭Dubs1990

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Not a job you do just for the money! Plus course is 9 to 12 month FULL TIME. OP is hardly going to do it on top of his current studies,

No its not, you can do a 5 day course with a certain agency and that gives you the courses they need to have you on the books ( I have done this and worked in St james's for 2 years) I also went and did the full fetac 5 course for 1 day a week for 26 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Sprog 4

If you're in Dublin and have a bike you might consider delivering food for Deliveroo. Pays between 9 and 14 per hour (on average) depending on how good you are and how busy it is plus you get tips on top of that. I average about 60 quid per 4 hr shift and I might do that 3 or 4 times a week. You can work as much as you like really but you have to put in 2 shifts per week from Fri thru Sun as a minimum. It's very physically demanding. Great way to get exercise though and get fit over the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭loup

This might not be an answer to you for a job in a workplace but a lot of online SME's are looking for bookeepers, content writers, social media posters etc

Most of them are only looking for 2-3 hours a week but if you got a few of them you could work from home in your own time and study too

How does one find these jobs? I'm looking for a content writer, social media poster job for ages?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭livedadream

i worked a second job in college in promotions, its really flexible and fun too.
    i did everything from sampling cheese to shoppers in Tesco, to launching the (new at the time) Smirnoff cocktails range to giving out free stuff on the street, Yakult was the first one i ever did in a massive costume morto but it pays well

you get everything provided in general you need to be friendly outgoing and have a drivers licence,

i loved it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Should have looked a few months ago and pitched for summer work experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Sprog 4 wrote: »
    If you're in Dublin and have a bike you might consider delivering food for Deliveroo. Pays between 9 and 14 per hour (on average) depending on how good you are and how busy it is plus you get tips on top of that. I average about 60 quid per 4 hr shift and I might do that 3 or 4 times a week. You can work as much as you like really but you have to put in 2 shifts per week from Fri thru Sun as a minimum. It's very physically demanding. Great way to get exercise though and get fit over the summer.

Apologies for the hijack but I've been toying with the idea of signing up to do a few evenings of this to top up the wages from the day job, the added exercise doesn't hurt too. How many hours a week do you have to sign up for?

Advertisement