Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving apartment and 12 month contract

Options
  • 25-06-2016 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

Hi,

I am currently renting an apartment and I am in a 12 month contract with Electric Ireland for electricity. I have to move very soon and this will result in me having to leave the apartment and move else where. This will occur within the 12 months of signing the contact. Can you confirm if I will have to pay the €50.00 early exit fee or not?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi Howlin,

Thank you for getting in touch.

We can assure you that the fee will not apply if you are moving properties. However, there would be a charge if you were remaining in the property and switching suppliers.

You may also be able to carry your price plan to your new address. Alternatively, we also have a new year on year savings offer for our existing customers that you may choose to sign up to instead. You can read more about this here.

In either case, our colleagues in the Sales team on 1850 305 090 would be able to do this for you. They are available from Monday to Friday (8am to 8pm) and Saturday (9am to 5.30pm).

If you would like us to look into your account for you, please send us the following information:

- Your full name
    - Your account number
    - The first line of your address
    - Your contact number or date of birth
    - Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Howlin

Hi Aoife,

Thank you for your reply.

I am not sure where I will be moving to, but when I know I shall call your sales team and check what arrangement can be made.
    We can assure you that the fee will not apply if you are moving properties.

When I get the final bill and if shows there is a early exit fee applied can you confirm where it says this on your website so I can mention it if the situation arises, as I can't find it anywhere?

Regards,
    Stephen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi Stephen,

You are very welcome.

If you provide us with your details via private message as outlined in my last message, we can make a note on your account.

If you would prefer, you can contact us here on Boards.ie to close your account, and we will make sure that this does not apply.

We would require the following details to close your account:
    • Your forwarding address for your final bill
    • The name and contact number of the letting agent/property owner/new tenant
    • The meter reading taken the day you moved out of the property

We hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

Advertisement