Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medal??

Options
  • 25-06-2016 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I will be graduating in October with a first class honors degree, I was wondering do people who get a first get some sort of a medal? I have seen graduates from last year come out of the ceremony with medals.

Any feedback is appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭RoebuckWilson

hhunch wrote: »
    I will be graduating in October with a first class honors degree, I was wondering do people who get a first get some sort of a medal? I have seen graduates from last year come out of the ceremony with medals.

Any feedback is appreciated!

My understanding is that there is one - top of class overall, and if you had a dissertation, there is a second medal for top dissertation/thesis possibly.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭claiomh solais

Sorry for grave digging an old thread but can someone confirm that you get a medal in DIT for being top of your graduating year? I could not find anything online about a first class honours medal.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭RoebuckWilson

Sorry for grave digging an old thread but can someone confirm that you get a medal in DIT for being top of your graduating year? I could not find anything online about a first class honours medal.

Check their graduate Facebook page maybe. Like I know a lot of the courses in the business school get them, but maybe not every single one. But for top of class overall, not necessarily for a first... Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭claiomh solais

I was Law myself. We'll just have to see what happens come October. Thanks for the info :)

Advertisement