Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting on refund from ATM

Options
  • 25-06-2016 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi there, 

On Friday past my mother went to withdraw £300 from an ATM inside a BOI branch.  The machine kept her card and she didn't get any money back.  She went to a member of staff in the bank and they unlocked the machine and got her her card back.  

She put the card in the same machine and tried to get £300 but the machine said that it couldn't give it to her as she would have been over her limit.  

She was speaking with the Bank Manageress and she said that hopefully the money would be back in my mother's account by the end of business on Friday, which didn't happen as she checked her balance today at an ATM.

She is wondering when the money will be refunded?   The manageress in the bank told her she would definitely get it back and now she is worried that she won't get it back as it hasn't gone in yet.

As you can understand, she is elderly and living on a pension so £300 is an awful lot of money to her.

Any help is appreciated - we are based in Northern Ireland this happened at a branch in Northern Ireland.

many thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

gr1980 wrote: »
    Hi there, 

On Friday past my mother went to withdraw £300 from an ATM inside a BOI branch.  The machine kept her card and she didn't get any money back.  She went to a member of staff in the bank and they unlocked the machine and got her her card back.  

She put the card in the same machine and tried to get £300 but the machine said that it couldn't give it to her as she would have been over her limit.  

She was speaking with the Bank Manageress and she said that hopefully the money would be back in my mother's account by the end of business on Friday, which didn't happen as she checked her balance today at an ATM.

She is wondering when the money will be refunded?   The manageress in the bank told her she would definitely get it back and now she is worried that she won't get it back as it hasn't gone in yet.

As you can understand, she is elderly and living on a pension so £300 is an awful lot of money to her.

Any help is appreciated - we are based in Northern Ireland this happened at a branch in Northern Ireland.

many thanks.
    Good Morning, 

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie, I am sorry to hear this has happened to your mother. When something like this happens the funds usually credit the account within five working days. Occasionally though the ATM does not recognise that no funds have been dispensed and it does not recredit. 

When this happens BOI have to manually recredit the customers account, this is called an 'ATM transaction dispute'. Your mother can request this by contacting BOI Direct on 03457365555. My apologies again this has happened, and for any inconvenience caused. 

Thanks, 
    Evie 

• Registered Users Posts: 29 gr1980

Thank you, Evie.  We returned to the branch today and it seems that the proper action wasn't taken on Friday by the Manageress.  Hopefully it will be resolved today.  If not, I will get her to call the number you provided.

Once again, thanks very much.

Advertisement