Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BMW E87 - Permanent 12V Live (Boot)

• 25-06-2016 3:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Is there a permanent live in the boot space (or nearby) of the E87 (BMW 1-Series 2007)? I'm aware of the battery being there but I'd really prefer not to make a tap there, it's unsightly and I'd like to avoid if possible.

They only other options I can think of is perhaps the rear light clusters or if there is a loom for a trailer hitch?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

What do you need it for and where in the boot will you place whatever you're going to feed?

There is a boot light you probably can tap into.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

biko wrote: »
    What do you need it for and where in the boot will you place whatever you're going to feed?

There is a boot light you probably can tap into.

Needs to be permanent, there is a cig lighter in the rear but it's switched on the ignition. Best suggestion so far, from the 1 Series forums, is the blue nut here:

27823515491_8c68d6c41a_z.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Yeah. Keep it simple. If it's a tracker or something it will be obvious though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Yeah. Keep it simple. If it's a tracker or something it will be obvious though.

Bingo. Hence the need to find something discrete :(

Advertisement